Author Topic: 1989 beaver marquis update  (Read 1611 times)

Sigbert All III

• BAC Member
1989 beaver marquis update
« on: February 13, 2023, 10:56:55 PM »
Thanks for all the help from beaver support. Finally able to gety beaver home today left campground two miles from house in July and after spending thirty thousand dollars in repairs motorhome is home but still running a little hot mechanic couldn't get hydraulic fan to work on side radiator so installed four electric fans . I like the beaver and all but looks like I'll be looking to sell this one probably at a great loss but I just can't take throwing anymore money into it
1989 Marquis
C12 425hp

Roy Boles

• BAC Member
Re: 1989 beaver marquis update
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2023, 04:27:25 AM »
       So sorry to hear of all your struggles with your coach and not being able to enjoy it. I hope you don’t give up on Motorhoming. 
'98 Marquis Diamante
C-12/Allison 4000

Sigbert All III

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2023, 04:14:44 PM »
The disconnected my temperature gauge when installing electric fan,I guess what activates fans is in its place but I have no gauge now inserting a picture can I put the wire on another terminal also they installed bigger modern alternator now my rpm doesn't work said it ran off old alternator .tried to insert picture but it would not allow
1989 Marquis
C12 425hp

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2023, 07:43:05 PM »
Sigbert
Wasting money failed repairs is so annoying.  Sorry you are having these issues.  We have all been there.
Over the years the systems have changed and I dont know how yours is set up.  Mostly they do the same things. The radiator fan is run by hydraulics off the hydraulic pump that also runs the power steering.  There are two circuits after a ‘T’.  One side goes to the power steering the other to the hydraulic fan.  The circuit to the fan passes through a wax switch or possibly two which cuts off the flow until operating temperature is reached and exceeded.  Once the wax softens due to the heat the hydraulic fluid can flow to the fan and it runs.  The fluid then is returned to the tank through a couple filters.
You dont say how hot it getting but 195 to 210 is IMHO operating range.  Our first Beaver the fan never came on under about 215 deg.
If indeed yours is running too hot and you have checked the thermostats.  If your power steering is working OK  then your pump is likely OK and that leaves either the fan motor or the wax switches.
All this assumes the fluid level is full.

Hope this helps some.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Sigbert All III

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2023, 09:08:43 PM »
Thanks for reply I had the power steering and fan pump go out first then while going home with new pump blew out seal on fan drive and mechanic couldn't get fan to work after installing new drive for fan so they installed four electric fans but they disconnected my temp gauge sending unit and replace with unit to operate electric fans not sure how hot running now I know transmission is around 220 on guage
1989 Marquis
C12 425hp