Author Topic: Removal of Pocket Doors in Patriot Thunder  (Read 4977 times)

vettepair

Removal of Pocket Doors in Patriot Thunder
« on: May 05, 2009, 03:58:41 AM »
Does anyone out there have any idea on how to remove a pocket door.  I need to remove to reglue the inlays.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  :-/

Richard And Babs Ames

Re: Removal of Pocket Doors in Patriot Thunder
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 01:56:28 PM »
Ours is like a sliding closet door and just lift it out of the track after removing the trim panel from above the opening on the side you will be going towards. Ours only has two screws.

John Shurtz

• BAC Member
  • BAC President
Re: Removal of Pocket Doors in Patriot Thunder
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 08:08:27 AM »
The pocket doors on my 05 thunder are hung from wheels running in an aluminum track.  I have removed them several times.  The wheels have a stud sticking downward that slips into a slotted metal bracket that is screwed to the top of the door.  After the stud slips into the backet a small nylon lever (part of the bracket) rotates around the stud so that the stud can not slip out of the slot.  To remove the door, first take off one of the wooden trim pieces ( two screws). Next, slightly raise the door (1/8 inch) with a lever (small stick and fulcrum) under the door.  Rotate the nylon latch with your finger or a medium size screwdriver.  Now, use the screwdriver to slide the wheel stud along the track and out of the slotted bracket. Repeat process on the 2nd set of wheels.  Lower the door to the floor.  Close the door with just enough room to grab the door at the jam.  Rotate the door out of the opening while sliding it out of the pocket.  Putting the door back is easy now that you have seen how it comes out.
John & Kathi Shurtz
2005 Patriot Thunder
42FT Vicksburg 525 CAT
1996 36FT Monterey