Author Topic: HWH Air Only Leveling System  (Read 1920 times)

Tom Webber

• BAC Member
HWH Air Only Leveling System
« on: August 03, 2023, 07:45:00 PM »
I have a 2006 Monterey with C-9 Cat engine. It has air bag leveling and no hydraulic leveling jacks.

It was just determined that the motherboard from the air only leveling system has to be sent to HWH for repair. I have no idea how long HWH takes to repair but I doubt if they can meet my schedule. We must leave AL for FL on 8/28 if at all possible. The mobile RV Service I am using is going to find out if the coach can be moved with this motherboard removed. Would anyone know whether a coach can be moved minus this motherboard. Does anyone know of a salvage yard that might carry this motherboard and whether you people on the forum thought that it was a good idea to even look for a salvage yard.

Any thoughts and ideas would be appreciated. 
06 Monterey
CAT 350HP C9

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: HWH Air Only Leveling System
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2023, 08:09:07 PM »
NW RV Supply in Eugene, OR does have some HWH air-leveling control equipment.  I do not know the part number you need.  Get the board info and give NW RV Supply a holler.  You may get lucky.

You could also call HWH to see if the firm has any new or refurbished boards on their shelf.  When I sent my boards to HWH for repair several years ago, it took two months to get them back.  The repair cost was minimal, less than $75, but the equipment was old.  I think they had to call a retired tech in to work on the boards.

https://www.nwrvsupply.com/product-category/leveling-slide-out/hwh/hwh-control-boxes/
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Tom Webber

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2023, 10:49:49 PM »
Thanks for the information. As everything in life the more you learn the more you know. I called Oregon and learned there could be two part numbers on the board. There is a printed number and a hand written number with a black sharpie. So now I have to see if there is another number to give Oregon.

Tom Webber
06 Monterey
CAT 350HP C9

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2023, 01:42:07 AM »
When I asked these fellows if they could repair my inverter boards, they could, but needed the entire device to check operations.  Makes sense, but inverters weigh a lot and shipping both ways negated the idea compared to a local shop here.  For your air system that may not necessarily be the case that they need the coach;  it couldn’t hurt to call and explain your situation.  As is so often the case, it might be just blown capacitors, in my experience one of the most common electronic pcb failures.
https://www.mmrvelectronics.com/our-services

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Richard Davis

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2023, 04:27:38 PM »
Tom
If you cannot get this repaired before your trip, you can manually bypass the HWH air leveling system by opening all of the "T" handles on the sides of the HWH six-packs.  Of course you will have no leveling, but your coach will be fully functional otherwise.
Richard
06 Monterey Ventura IV, C9 400 hp

Tom Webber

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2023, 03:43:18 AM »
Thank you for this advice. I though maybe there was a default for travel mode. How many six packs are there and can you give an idea where they are located?  Does one have to block the frame in some manner while you work with the T handles?

Tom Webber
06 Monterey
CAT 350HP C9

Richard Davis

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2023, 05:04:25 PM »
Tom
I would certainly block up the frame on jack stands any time you are under the coach.  The rear six-pack on mine is mounted up high in the middle of the coach just behind the rear axle "H" frame.  The front six-pack is mounted beside the generator behind the front step, above the slide hydraulic motor assembly.  The "T" handles are on the sides threaded into the same ports as the Travel Mode solenoids.
Richard
06 Monterey Ventura IV, C9 400 hp

Michael Rump

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2023, 05:08:14 PM »
Hi Tom,

Suggest you call HWH (563-724-3396) or (800-321-3494) and tell them your control board is bad and you need to move your coach. Request a technician call back.  If you are somewhat handy they can tell you how to bypass the motherboard to get to travel mode.  Great people to work with!

Good luck.

Regards,

Mike
Mike and Janis Rump
2004 Patriot Thunder
CAT 505 HP C12
2014 Honda CRV

Tom Webber

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2023, 04:04:15 AM »
Being 76 years old and having my right hip replaced on 9/19 I was in no shape to crawl under the coach and open T handles. HWH explained what to do to the mobile RV company I have been working with and on Thursday everything was completed so we can return to FL on 8/28. I hope the motherboard will be repaired promptly but that is definitely something I can not control.  I guess when the motherboard is reinstalled the T handles will have to be closed. I notice that to the left of the drivers seat is a switch that says dump air. When I get to FL I will be in the same location for several months. If I dump the air and needed to level the coach could I drive up on blocks to create a level coach?  Any advice is appreciated. 

Tom Webber
2006 Monterey
06 Monterey
CAT 350HP C9