Author Topic: Air ride adjuster parts?  (Read 1966 times)

Peter Buenting

• BAC Member
Air ride adjuster parts?
« on: September 16, 2023, 07:12:21 PM »
I was recently checking the operation of the levelers. After the air dump, the levelers did not deploy. On refilling the suspension system, only the driver side airbags filled. The coach is leaning heavily to
Starboard. So I crawled around underneath and discovered that the connections to the rods that control airbags were both broken. The rubber connections had deteriorated. I’m wondering if these parts are still available or if I need to get creative? Are parts manuals available? Are there similar rods in rear of coach or just these two in front? I understand the dangers in working on this system from other posts. But would like to have the parts before taking it in. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
2001 Marquis Jasper 40’
Cat C12
Jeep Gladiator
‘02 Goldwing

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!
The following users thanked this post: Peter Buenting

Peter Buenting

• BAC Member
Re: Air ride adjuster parts?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2023, 10:23:46 PM »
Very cool! Thank you!
2001 Marquis Jasper 40’
Cat C12
Jeep Gladiator
‘02 Goldwing

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2023, 12:27:37 AM »
Not all NAPA outlets keep it in stock, but can order it in.   
https://www.napaonline.com/en/search?text=Haldex%20RN10JC&referer=v2

Amazon apparently is out of stock, but there are other sources.  Check other local parts stores for a Haldex RN10-JC kit. Or go online and search “haldex linkage kit“.  Get spares to carry as this is a common coach air ride failure point, but relatively inexpensive to correct.  Always secure blocking to prevent the coach from coming down on you, especially when messing with the air system.

I note you said, “… just these two in front”.  Usually there are 3 valves only, 1 controlling the front bags and 1 on each of the rear sides.  See the diagram that shows one “Front Ride Ht. Valve” in front of the “steer axle manifold”, and two “Rear Ride Ht. Valve” s to the right of the axle manifolds.  So usually an apparent leaning to one side or the other of the front is actually a failure of one of the rear rubber linkage components.  Others here may know of models that use more than 3 ride height valves.

Joel
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 12:59:08 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Peter Buenting

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2023, 02:38:25 AM »
Thx. I’ll look closer when I look again. These two were in front behind the steering axel IIRC.  Makes sense to grab some extras.
2001 Marquis Jasper 40’
Cat C12
Jeep Gladiator
‘02 Goldwing

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2023, 02:49:05 AM »
Okay.  Your Marquis model may indeed have 2 valves up front.  But from what I’ve read here and elsewhere the 3 valve configuration is the usual mention re. most models.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2023, 03:21:52 AM »
I carry with me the rod and rubber mount assembly. I’ll be at the BAC rally in Grove Oklahoma
Tuesday. Hopefully you’ll be there.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9

Peter Buenting

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2023, 04:39:33 PM »
What a difference replacing those made. The rig drives and rides so much better!!  The two that were fixed are located behind the fuel tank and in front of LP tank. I still haven’t been able to locate others. I’m a little concerned that when the rods are all the way up, rig down, that they interfere and rub on other air and hydraulic lines but guess it doesn’t dawn much time in that position.

Where do you find those diagrams referenced above?
2001 Marquis Jasper 40’
Cat C12
Jeep Gladiator
‘02 Goldwing

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2023, 11:04:43 PM »
Some diagrams have been gleaned from forum posts and other sources over years, and I don’t remember each source.  You may find helpful ones with descriptions in Coach Assist (via the link in bold at this page’s top right, then under the Technical menu tab).  An example is owner’s manuals;  for my Coach it’s the ‘06 Monterey manual starting on page 258.  For your rig for which we don’t have a manual listed, you’d want to check the ‘02 Marquis as a close option, although I don’t see as much diagraming in manuals much earlier than the mid-2000’s.  Googling “2001 Marquis diagrams” or similar terminology may turn up what you want too.

Joel
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 11:09:52 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2023, 11:08:45 PM »
Years ago I had to bend the air ride valve arm away from a bolt on the frame crossmember. The pressure on the rubber mount for the rod was tearing when the air leveling called for the front to squat.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9