Author Topic: 1997 Beaver 37’ Power step question  (Read 828 times)

Giovanni Bosch

• BAC Member
1997 Beaver 37’ Power step question
« on: November 11, 2023, 01:38:57 PM »
My coach has sat for about a week and all the air has leaked out of the bags. I will have to deal with that later, but how do I turn off the power step that comes out when the front door is open? There is a fuse panel on the driver side maybe one of those?
97 Patriot
CAT 3126

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Re: 1997 Beaver 37’ Power step question
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2023, 02:29:26 PM »
     Geovanni,
  Welcome to the adventure! The step is controlled by 3 variations. If you are parked and want the step to stay out, there is a switch near the entry door inside that turns off the controller and leaves the step out. If you were to leave that switch off and get ready to depart and forget to turn the switch back on and start the engine with the door closed it will automatically retract the step. If you stop the vehicle and open the door, it will extend the step "one time only". This is so you don't fall out and hurt yourself.
  When you log into the Beaver website, click on technical banner and then scroll down to "coach assist" it will take you to our library of all the information about your coach, including your step, batteries, charging systems and so on. Hope this helps, Fred Brooks
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 03:12:39 PM by Fred Brooks »
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Carl Boger

• BAC Member
Re: 1997 Beaver 37’ Power step question
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2023, 12:00:25 AM »
Giovanni,

Fred explained the steps pretty well, and he is much more versed on MH's than I will ever be.   

I usually put my jacks down and level the coach to keep the steps from contacting the ground if they happen to open.  As far as the air bags leaking down they will do that unless you are able to chase down all of the air leaks in the coach and fix them.  I haven't been able to find all of mine in over 6 years of ownership.  Mine will leak down slowly as will most.   Before I leave for a trip I will air up the MH using the air port in the service bay and a portable compressor.  I use a check valve with a male fitting on both ends.  That way I don't need to start the MH to have it aired up for the next day.

Hopefully this will be helpful.
Carl

98 Beaver Patriot Savannah
330 hp Cat 3126