Author Topic: Transmission Temp Indication  (Read 769 times)

Jack W Hannah

• BAC Member
  • 713 248-5405
Transmission Temp Indication
« on: November 11, 2023, 05:55:02 PM »
On my 2002 Patriot the Dash Gauge for Transmission temp works but the Silverleaf 200 indicates zero. What is the source of Trans Temp info for these two indicators? I'm thinking that the Dash Gauge is fed w/a "Wet Line" and the Silverleaf is fed via a "Transmission Mounted" electronic sensor. Am I on the right track?

Thank you.
Jack Hannah
2002 Patriot 40B, Monticello
Cat 3126, Magnum Series B

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
Re: Transmission Temp Indication
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2023, 12:53:02 AM »
Jack
You are correct the dash gauge is a stand alone gauge wired to a signal wire temperature sending unit which is usually screwed into a tee fitting on one of the transmission cooler lines this is a grounding sending unit so the tee fitting must be grounded for the gauge to read properly.
Where as the Silver Leaf 200 unit is reading serial stream data provided from the transmission TCM this temperature reading is taken from a temperature sensor located as part of the transmissions internal wiring harness, you should be able to display any transmission fault codes using the shift console there is a full troubleshooting manual in the coach assist section of the forum which will help exp!ain the troubleshooting procedures to help you confirm a d repair your problem.
Start by using the shift console to retrieve any Transmission fault codes and go from there.

Hope this helps
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks, Jack W Hannah