Author Topic: Beaver weep hole covers  (Read 1767 times)

Lisa Dykhuizen

• BAC Member
Beaver weep hole covers
« on: December 01, 2023, 03:56:21 PM »
I needed new weep hole covers for my Beaver Monterey and could not find stock for both side. My son made some for us and he now sells them on his sit www.lurrdesigns.com
going to luv our first rally.
The following users thanked this post: Bill Lampkin

Vince Bunting

• BAC Member
Re: Beaver weep hole covers
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2023, 05:59:17 PM »
Would you please give the dimensions?  I have been looking for these for sometime and have purchased some that came close but did not work.
Thanks, Vince
Kris & Vince
2001 Monterey Trinidad
Cat 3126 330HP
07 Saturn Vue

Vince Bunting

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023, 06:02:14 PM »
Oops!  Sorry!  Just went to website and saw the dimensions.
Kris & Vince
2001 Monterey Trinidad
Cat 3126 330HP
07 Saturn Vue

Lisa Dykhuizen

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2023, 07:38:12 PM »
It would be interesting to know what size you need

Vince Bunting

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2023, 08:58:16 PM »
My weep holes measure 3.057" ... the ones on his website measure 1.752".  Still looking for the larger ones.
Thanks
Kris & Vince
2001 Monterey Trinidad
Cat 3126 330HP
07 Saturn Vue
The following users thanked this post: Lisa Dykhuizen

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2023, 01:43:11 AM »
When available, they are in different sizes and sometimes different shapes for different coaches/RVs and window manufacturers, and also different right and left in many of our Beavers. 
https://cosmos.bluesoft.io/products/19372807612-atwood-130-030397-right-hand-weep-hole-cover-for-window-black
https://www.shapeways.com/product/UPP7FCJJZ/left-weep-hole-cover-atwood

There are several 3D printers making these now (ain't technology great... sometimes?  :o), but experience with some has led owners to complain of shrinkage in the plastic used, allowing them to fall off the window frame.  The cure was installing them with silicone (or Lexel).  It would be preferable to have a UV-resistant formulation also.   I'm not sure if this is still a current email contact, but a Monaco owner's family was producing some last year and experimenting with improved plastic formulations:  2b3dprints@gmail.com  .    By the same token, Lurr Designs, linked in Lisa's post above, is a BAC member-associated producer that deserves consideration, especially if they can create in multiple sizes.

I ordered extra L & R originals years ago when they were still available.  But it's good to know someone has picked up Atwood's dropped torch, because those small weep holes if not properly covered can create a surprisingly large amount of wind noise on the highway.  Early on, my wife used to complain from the copilot's seat and I wrote it off as coming from the entry door seal or the mirror;  as newbies to diesel coaches back then, I presumed it just part of the game.  After replacing noticed missing weep hole covers a few years later, the wind noise subsided.

Joel
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 01:49:22 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Lisa Dykhuizen

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2023, 02:58:02 PM »
The only reference he(our) son has at this point is the size from our Monterey bus. If there was another common size he could run that would be great. The resin he uses is safe to touch but he also paints them for UV protection.
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley