Author Topic: Front windshield gasket  (Read 600 times)

Gene Obie

• BAC Member
Front windshield gasket
« on: December 19, 2023, 09:28:25 PM »
I'm having damaged windshield replaced and the company doing the work is asking for gasket material type. They gave me the the attached 3 options. I'm not at the coach for a couple of weeks and even if I was not sure I could tell which of these was the correct gasket. Any pointers greatly appreciated.

-Gene

2005 Beaver Marquis, Ruby 40, C-13 Cat 525HP, Allison 4k
Towing 2018 F-150
Washington

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Front windshield gasket
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2023, 12:10:44 AM »
Call these guys...

https://rvglassexperts.com/faq/appointments/where-are-your-shops-located/

They will partner with your local glass company to replace windows and windshields.  RV Glass Solutions should know the best gasket for your coach.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Carl Boger

• BAC Member
Re: Front windshield gasket
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2023, 12:29:06 AM »
Gene,

I am not sure what gaskets your model came with, but on my 98 Patriot the gaskets appear to be sample 2 and 3 in the center.  They are held in with a spline in the small groove shown.

I recently had to have my windshield replaced as it started walking out of the frame and one glass eventually cracked while I was waiting for insurance to figure out how to pay for this since they had already approved the repair.

I went to a local shop that was highly recommended, and was also used by numerous other nationwide glass companies.
I ask one of the owners why this happened and what would stop it.  He said that in the free floating frames it was almost a perfect storm if the coach body started twisting.

He also said that they back fill some of the areas in the gasket with urethane to stiffen the gasket/frame area and that the shop has had good luck with this being a permanent fix.  I guess time will tell, but I am hopeful.

Gasket number one looks interesting so I would inquire if it has any attributes that might make it superior.

Hopefully this will help you some.
Carl

98 Beaver Patriot Savannah
330 hp Cat 3126