Author Topic: ground fault  (Read 747 times)

Michael DeFalco

ground fault
« on: December 20, 2023, 04:28:55 PM »
hello peeps,  i have a bad ground fault outlet at the bathroom outlet and that seems to be the outlet for most of the coach outlets.
where would i find a replacement for that outlet. they seem to be special type, i am not sure if a residential type would work ?
mike

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: ground fault
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2023, 09:12:57 PM »
They are called self contained receptacles as they mount directly to the wall or cabinet without a "box" like is used in home and all other construction. Commonly used in mobile home construction too. If there is enough slack in the wiring, you can just cut the receptacle out and wire in a residential receptacle but you'll have to use a cut-in  or old work box to give something for the receptacle to mount to. If replacing with another self contained receptacle, try to find the proper "punch down" tool used to work the romex wiring into the receptacle, the right tool will make the job much easier.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2023, 10:00:13 PM »
another option: replace with new, non-gfci self contained receptacle and trace the feed back to your breaker panel. Replace the circuit breaker with a gfci breaker and you will have restored gfci protection to all the receptacles on that circuit.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2023, 10:08:18 PM »
    Michael,
  When you first open the website, click on technical and scroll down to coach assist, it will take you to our library of information. Scroll down to wiring diagrams then Marquis wiring then 99 Marquis AC distribution. You will find that lavy recepticle is fed directly by the GFI duplex located in #3 storage compartment. You may want to check the reset button on the GFI first. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2023, 10:39:33 PM »
   Michael,
 The receptacle you are working on comes from the inverter. It is fed from the inverter subpanel mounted on the ceiling of the #3 compartment.
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Michael DeFalco

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2023, 11:03:49 PM »
thanks Fred will check things out