Author Topic: SilverLeaf installation cost estimates  (Read 857 times)

Jim Hosler

• Life is short and getting shorter every day. Live well!
  • BAC Member
    • Office of the State Fire Marshal
SilverLeaf installation cost estimates
« on: January 12, 2024, 07:01:56 PM »
Good Day everyone,

This is my first post to the board. We are just finishing up buying our coach from one of the members Hal Grimshaw (Father-in-Law- keeping it in the family) and are fully restoring the coach. Does anyone have an idea on what the purchase and install of a SilverLeaf system should cost in today's dollars? I will be getting an estimate later today. We are doing the full set up new sensors, two control pads, I already have installed the new transfer switch (Surge-Guard 40450RVC). BTW, I have the old one that came with the coach and it still works and will communicate to the Aladdin System if someone is interested in picking one up. We can work on a deal.

Any help is appreciated,

JD
JDH
2007 Beaver Patriot Thunder- 45'
Four pop outs
CAT 525 C-13- Roadmaster S series chassis
Allison 4000-MH 6 speed

Richard Davis

• BAC Member
Re: SilverLeaf installation cost estimates
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2024, 09:29:18 PM »
I "assume" your previous ATS is the 40250 pre RVC communication version.  What do you want for it?  I might consider having it just for the spare parts (mine still works fine).  On the other hand, if someone needs it to replace a failed unit, I would rather they have it.  What about the components of the Aladdin system?
Richard
06 Monterey Ventura IV, C9 400 hp

Jim Hosler

• Life is short and getting shorter every day. Live well!
  • BAC Member
    • Office of the State Fire Marshal
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2024, 10:11:03 PM »
Sorry yes, it is the 40250 model Pre-communication protocol change.
JDH
2007 Beaver Patriot Thunder- 45'
Four pop outs
CAT 525 C-13- Roadmaster S series chassis
Allison 4000-MH 6 speed

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2024, 05:15:45 PM »
Just after we bought our coach in 2015, the tank level board stopped working (aladdin). We stopped by the shop where they make Silverleaf to ask what replacing the aladdin with silverleaf would cost. He said a conversion started at $5k and goes up depending on what you expect the silverleaf to do. Guessing 8k in today's dollars. We found a used tank board ($400) and the rest of the aladdin systems still work......
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."