Author Topic: `91 Marquis - Exterior Panel below belt line - Seperation at belt line  (Read 862 times)

Robert Patzke

• BAC Member
`91 Marquis (Regent) 40',  # 1M10304, 3176 eng., build date Mar. 91, The lower right side skirt is separating at the belt line above the pax. side rear wheel .  The affected area is about 3 ft. long.  I am able to feel the interior of that area with my finger tip.  I can't feel any attachment screws or clips that affix the fiberglass skirt to the upper body structure, it is smooth to the touch.  Before I start removing the trim moulding it would be best if I could determine the means or method that Beaver used to accomplish the attachment method of the skirt during manufacture.  Side skirt is 3/8" thick fiberglass running the full length of the coach unbroken by any seams
91 Marquis Regent, 3176     

Bob Patzke

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp
The following users thanked this post: Robert Patzke

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
Re: `91 Marquis - Exterior Panel below belt line - Seperation at belt line
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 08:16:57 PM »
Robert
Check your belt line molding you make be lucky enough some of the older coaches had a vinyl trim insert in the belt line moulding which is easy to remove and sources to replace in necessary
The belt line moulding is screwed to the frame work behind and is the hinge for the baggage doors as well,it's not uncommon for those screws to rust and break off when fixing this it's a good idea to install more screws between the old ones in fresh holes .
When complete remember to reseal the belt line molding to the way to keep water from getting in behind and into the coach floor and wall .
This is likely why the screws fail in the first place.

Hope this helps
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.
The following users thanked this post: Robert Patzke

Robert Patzke

• BAC Member
Re: `91 Marquis - Exterior Panel below belt line - Seperation at belt line
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2024, 09:11:11 PM »
Thanks Eric.  After I collect additional information on original attachment procedures I'll start tearing it apart.  There does seem to be a thin flat 'rubberized' strip under the aluminum cover strip.  I've got my fingers crossed.

Have a good day, thanks again for the info.

Bob
91 Marquis Regent, 3176     

Bob Patzke