Author Topic: Air Pump that feeds the air dryer  (Read 644 times)

Dennishunt

Air Pump that feeds the air dryer
« on: January 29, 2024, 05:20:32 PM »
Good Morning!  I have a 2009 Beaver Monterey Sunset 42 with a C-9 engine.  My mechanic tell me that the air Pump that feeds the Air Dryer is leaking.  It was decided to replace the pump.  I have tried  REV Group Parts, Beaver Coach Sales & Veurinks RV with no success trying to find a new pump.  Anyone have another source??

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: Air Pump that feeds the air dryer
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2024, 06:49:07 PM »
I think you are looking for the engine driven air compressor; should be a CAT part, and I would think the compressor would be rebuildable.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Frank Bergamo

• BAC Member
Frank & Paulette Bergamo
2019-       : 2007 Marquis Topaz IV  C-15 600 HP Allison 4000
2014-2019: 2002 Marquis Emerald C-12 505 HP Allison 4000
2004-2014: 1986 Executive Diplomat 3208 250 HP Allison MT-643
Grand Junction, CO.

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
Re: Air Pump that feeds the air dryer
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2024, 07:54:40 PM »
Dennis
What exactly is leaking air ,oil , antifreeze.
My guess would be an oil leak from the lower cover on the compressor.
If this is the case it should be as simple as replacing the gasket.
The first thing your going to need as Bill stated is the manufacturer model number of the existing compressor. ( Usually located on a small tin tag on the compressor) the compressor was likely sourced from Bendix or Midland.
There are many new and rebuild suppliers out there the compressor on the engine would have been selected for the truck application depending on the number of axles and accessories which would require air volume for this reason it is important to get the numbers from your old one as even to identical engines could have different compressors installed.
Once you have the tag numbers any good ruck parts store should have no problem finding you a gasket set or a complete compressor.
On line a place like find it parts or Michigan truck spring should have no problem locating one .
Prices vary from $500. To over $1000. Depending on make and model.
If all else fails you could buy one through your local CAT dealer but the price will reflect the gold colour of the paint. Lol
Most mechanics will opt to replace the complete compressed with a rebuilt or new as it limits their liability and warranty obligations to those of the rebuilder and with labour factored in its sometimes more cost effective to replace rather than repair

Hope this helps
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.