Author Topic: Alladin  (Read 5565 times)

Carol Bentley

• BAC Member
Alladin
« on: October 01, 2011, 02:13:22 AM »
Going home from a great rally " Bulls and Mules" and my alladin will not power up. Is there a fuse or breaker some where ? Jim

Bill Sprague

Re: Alladin
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 04:10:48 PM »
Jim,

You didn't say which Aladdin you have or which Beaver.  On my 2004 Monterey there is a reset/reboot button in the compartment above the drivers head.  I've only had to use it once.  I have a vague memory that someone once said there is an in-line fuse in a wire behind that button, but I not sure.  

Ken Buck

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 05:13:47 PM »
Just for a point of reference Bill, can you tell us when/why you needed to reset? I have the same reset button but haven't needed to use it yet. What does it reset? All the system settings to factory default I presume, but what about mileages? I wouldn't think they'd go back to zero.

I suppose I could do the research, but if you know it'd be easier, and I tend to be lazy.    :X

Ken

Bill Sprague

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 04:47:23 AM »
I've had our coach for about 8 years.  So, the memory of the details is not perfect!

Having said that, using the reset button was like rebooting my laptop.  The files and data were still there, but it need to wake up from scratch to work right.

I do not remember why I had to push the reset button.  But, I think it was because it was not working.  I have only done it once.

Sorry I can't give more information.

Best....
Bill

Robert Mathis

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 01:22:26 PM »
I had to reset mine last year. We were staying at the local Elks lodge over the weekend to attend a concert at the amphitheater next door, and had some issues with a weak breaker. As a result, we fried some control boards and lost the Alladin. The symptoms were that it was totally dead. The reset restored all of the functions. My Alladin does not monitor the tanks, just the engine/tranny/fuel mileage, etc and bay and ambient temperatures.

Ken Buck

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 03:15:13 PM »
Thanks Bill and Robert.

Ken

Jim Shaw

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 12:27:01 AM »
I have had a few times when my Alladin just locked up and would do nothing. I turned the reset switch off and on and it restored all functions. My difficulty was finding the switch since it was behind a wall in the cabinet above the drivers seat on the left.
Jim

Carol Bentley

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 07:27:31 PM »
A delayed thanks to all that help me. Yes indeed the reset button did the job. Thanks so much /jim Bentley