Author Topic: Monaco/FMCA Michelin Deal  (Read 4670 times)

JimDyer

Monaco/FMCA Michelin Deal
« on: October 14, 2011, 02:14:04 PM »
Time to replace my steer tires. Has anybody used the Monaco Club deal?  

I see the FMCA site says they have a Michelin deal......Is it the Monaco club deal?  If not, is it better or worse?

Are the prices the same in Canada, or do I need to get them in the US to get the price?

Thanks

Jim

« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 01:22:32 AM by 14 »

Joel Weiss

Re: Monaco/FMCA Michelin Deal
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 12:10:20 AM »
I used the Monaco arrangement to buy 6 new tires a couple of months ago.  It worked just as it was supposed to.  You will know the prices so you can convince yourself that you are saving money.  If your dealer gives you the option make sure you have them bill the mounting and balancing through the program also.  That way you get the advantage of negotiated rates for that also.

I bought my tires through a truck tire dealer who special-ordered my tires the week before my appointment. What was great about that was the fact that the tires were only three months old.  Can't get much fresher than that!

As for the FMCA program, I have heard that the prices are not as good as through Monaco, but I have no personal knowledge of this.

JimDyer

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 11:19:49 AM »
Hi joel,

What worries me about the program is that you only find the price afterwards. OTOH I talked to a large trucking firm near me who do a lot of Michelin's in-process hauling between plants, and they have what's called a National Account and claim to get the best pricing that way.   After all, if anybody waas in a good spot to beat the best prices out of Michelin it would be them.

Joel Weiss

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 01:28:03 PM »
[quote author=]Hi joel,

What worries me about the program is that you only find the price afterwards. OTOH I talked to a large trucking firm near me who do a lot of Michelin's in-process hauling between plants, and they have what's called a National Account and claim to get the best pricing that way.   After all, if anybody waas in a good spot to beat the best prices out of Michelin it would be them. [/quote]

This is NOT true of the Monaco program.  As part of your Monaco membership stuff you get access to the price list.  I was charged a price directly from this pricelist.  I knew what the tires would cost including FET.

The mounting charges were not on the list but were lower than what the same place would have charged to mount the tires.  In fact, I saved ~$100 because the tire place had charged extra for mounting because one rear wheel was hard to remove and a stud broke, etc.  Michelin would not allow the extra charges.

JimDyer

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 01:05:33 PM »
Great!  by the middle of the week I expect to have the FMCA Michelin Advantage price, The Monaco International National accounts price, and the buddy price through a friend whose best bud owns 4 big stores and is the bog Michelin dealer here!

It'll be interesting! starting to think of just doing all 6