Author Topic: Aqua Hot  (Read 3514 times)

Jerry Pattison

• BAC Member
Aqua Hot
« on: June 05, 2009, 02:44:50 AM »
Howdy, all!  I have an Aqua Hot that doesn't seem to want to start on its own.  Seems I need to cycle the on-off switch to get the unit running, then all is ok.  It runs as normal for that cycle, no smoke, heats water, sounds ok, just won't start on its own.  Any ideas?  And, please don't say that is the controller unit!!!!!!!!  $700 now!!!!!
Jerry Pattison
98 Marquis Diamante

George Harwell

• BAC Member
  • 03 MONTEREY 800495
Re: Aqua Hot
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 01:22:33 PM »
JERRY, I have an 03 Monterey with H/hot and over the years had numerous problems with various switches in the coach. The most notorious being the leving jacks. I can pull the wires off the switches and clean the switch terminal then reconnect and it will work fine for a few months. Also found the bedroom slide to do the same. For lack of any other explaination I think the switches came from the lowest bidder and we get to do the field test. Before spending more time troubleshooting you may want to try the switch terminal trick. Good luck!
03 Beaver Monterey
350 Cummins

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 05:06:04 PM »
Hi Jerry,
Go to  http://www.aquahot.com/b2c/ecom/ecomEnduser/default/Manuals.aspx and download the manual for your model.  In will be a troubleshooting section.  Just follow the bouncing ball to locate the problem.  It could be just cleaning the lens on the photocell eye.  I have used the trouble shooter and it seems to cover everything.  Good luck.

Larry

Jerry Pattison

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 06:42:27 PM »
Thanks to you all for the advice!  It is appreciated!  

I do have the manuals and trouble shooting block diagram.  It just has been raining (we are in Newport, OR!  First time I've ever seen it raining here!) so I have not been inclined to go out and pull the cover, etc, to investigate.  Thought I might get some ideas via BAC, and I did!

And, I am joshing about the rain.  Being a Western Oregon Native, (and a member of SNOB) I am very familiar with rain!

Safe journeys, and I am happy about what seems to be good news from Navistar.

JP
Jerry Pattison
98 Marquis Diamante