Author Topic: Replace Window Glass?  (Read 7023 times)

Cathy McDowell

Replace Window Glass?
« on: October 31, 2011, 02:55:14 PM »
One of the side windows in our 1995 Beaver Patriot broke when it was at a storage facility.  Does anyone know where we can get replacement glass.  It is single pane tempered glass.  I hate to have to replace the entire window.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!   Thank you.

Bill Sprague

Re: Replace Window Glass?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 03:51:33 PM »
I have done business with RV Glass Solutions twice and will not hesitate to go back when I need window or windshield help.  http://www.rvglasssolutions.com  ( 888 ) 777-6778
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:10:27 PM by 5 »

Keith Oliver

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 02:18:38 AM »
If the glass is flat, any glass shop will have a replacement pane for you. You may have to wait a day while they get it tempered.  You will need exact measurements. thickness in mm, width, to the nearest 1/16", length to the nearest 1/16", and if the corners are radiused, you need to trace them so the shop can cut the corners to fit perfectly.
?how do I know this?

Cathy McDowell

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 01:10:43 AM »

Bill,

Thank you for responding.  I will keep the reference you suggested.  I hope we never have to replace another window but it will be good to have a recommended business to contact.  We did not find anyone local to do the job and ended up ordering a window through a RV maintenance center.  It may take 7-10 days for a 'rush' order.

Cathy McDowell

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 01:15:45 AM »
Keith and Janet,

I appreciate you taking the time to respond.  We found no local glass place that wanted to do the tempered glass.  We had to replace a windshield last year and a company in FL was recommended by the Beaver Sales and Service in Bend.  Since we got the glass through a maintenance center and I did not keep the phone number that Beaver gave me, I was hoping to find another reference from the forum.  I would guess you have had this experience yourselves... yes?

Keith Oliver

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 02:07:13 AM »
I broke a side window.  It was the inside pane of a double pane slider, above the couch.  I took the unbroken piece (to be sure the glass shop got the size right) and went to a normal glass shop, not an auto glass shop.  They sent the order to somewhere else for tempered glass, but had no trouble whatsoever dealing with this.  Maybe because I needed clear glass it was easier, but in the past I have ordered tinted glass, tempered, for my sundeck fence, and went to an ordinary, small shop for that too.  Just ask them for glass, tempered, custom cut to your requirements, and don't scare them with "for a Motorhome".  
Good luck.
Keith

Dick Crovisier

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 06:08:34 PM »
I highly recommend Sun Coast Design, 15050 Labor Place, Hudson, Florida 34667. Phone number is 727-868-2773.

They are competent, fast and affordable. We had double pane replaced. Our work was completed four months ago for $ 200.00 per window.

They work by appointment, you may stay overnight with 50 amp and water for no charge and the facility is spotless. I will use them again should I ever need window repair service.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 07:39:29 PM by 14 »