Author Topic: air horn front cover  (Read 7376 times)

Don Schobert

air horn front cover
« on: November 18, 2011, 10:01:26 PM »
I have a 2007 Beaver Contessa and one of the air horn covers (plate) with a Beaver on it has been lost.  Does anyone know where i can find a replacement to crimp on the air horn?

Don

Edward Buker

Re: air horn front cover
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 10:34:05 PM »
I would try Beaver Coach Sales...I think the horn may be made by Hadley.

Later Ed

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 11:05:09 PM »
Northwest RV Supply in Eugene Oregon, is known for having hard-to-find parts like that.  If Monaco had some left over, NWRV may have scarfed them up.

http://nwrvsupply.com/

Joel
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 10:41:35 PM by 77 »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Keith Oliver

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 01:48:40 AM »
If the front end of the horn is rectangular, approx 4" x 8", with a square back end, it is by Hadley. The logo is on a rectangle that occupies about 2" x 4" centred on the cover plate.
If the front end of the horn is rectangular, approx 3" x 6", with a round back end, it is by Fiamm.  The logo is a "peel and stick" beaver, stuck to the cover plate.

Most older Beavers have Fiamm horns, to at least 2003.  I have only seen one newer (2005 to 2008) with Hadley.  This in a park with 18 different Beavers, where we stayed for the past month.

I replaced my Fiamms with Hadley to get more volume.  I too would like to have new beaver logos, so if you find a source, please post it.

Don Schobert

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 04:47:37 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions.  We talked to Northwest RV and then to Beaver Coach Sales.. Beaver Coach sales gave us the part number but we have not had an opportunity to try and track it down.  If we find either the horn or the stick on Beaver, we'll let you know.  thanks don

Don Schobert

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 09:45:21 PM »
 Just wanted to let everyone know we sent an e-mail to Fiamm Corp and they responded very promptly and worked with us to make sure we got the right horn.  The folks from Fiamm are located in Michigan.

We had to buy an entire horn since the front part of the horn is crimped onto the horn and not available separately.  The horn arrived last week and it does have the Beaver decal.  The price was $75.  

don

Margaret Cook

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 05:08:11 PM »
Don,  do you have contact information for Fiam.... just looked online and sent in the generic form for "Contact Us", but would rather have someone to email or call.  

Thank you, Bill
Margaret Cook
2005 Monterey
Cat C-9
2016 Jeep Grand Cheeroke