Author Topic: Removing Service Tank Panel  (Read 4667 times)

Gil_Johnson

Removing Service Tank Panel
« on: April 17, 2012, 12:28:36 AM »
I have an 08 Contessa.  There's a really nice panel covering the black/gray tanks, water hose reel and a bunch of other stuff.  The panel has a few things mounted to it as well.  The other day I contemplated what I would do if I had to get to the hose reel, macerator pump, and the other stuff behind the panel.  What I discovered is that the panel is not removable.  It's simply too wide to fit through the bay door opening.  Has anyone ever removed this panel?  If so, how?  Many of the items behind the panel  can only be accessed by removing the panel.

Gil

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Removing Service Tank Panel
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 06:00:03 AM »
Gil, assuming you are talking about the panel where the water services and manifold is (I don't have a macerator or hose reel), I recall Ed Buker posted his procedure for dealing with that stuff on a thread awhile back, though I'm not sure he specified exactly how he got the panel itself off.  You might do a Forum search of his posts or the term, "manifold", to see his attendant photos and instructive account.  Try here:  

http://forum.bacrallies.com/m-1312829738/s-18/#num18

Joel
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 06:26:29 AM by 77 »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Gil_Johnson

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 01:24:49 PM »
Thanks Joel.  That one looks different than mine.

Gil

Robert Mathis

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 01:39:47 PM »
Gil, I have the same set-up you have, and I can't see how it would come out either.  My macerator got clogged not long ago, and I tried to remove the panel without success.  I am also far too large to fit thru the access door in the bay to get to the pump.  I was lucky enough to be able to reach in, remove the inlet line and remove the offending cloth item that had stopped the blades and blown the fuse, but it isn't an easy area to access.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 11:55:28 PM by 14 »

Edward Buker

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 02:48:50 PM »
Gil,

I would think that this would be a good case for calling Beaver coach sales or Monaco and see what the removal method is. I know you are very capaible so whatever method is used it is not obvious. Hope you do not hear that we built the coach around the panel...

Later Ed

Mike Humble

• BAC Member
  • BAC Past President 2014-2018
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 03:53:05 PM »
Gil,
At the roundtable discussion at the Branson Rally, someone, I believe David Park, actually cut the panel and then did an overlap piece to rescrew.  It looked like a neat job and would make it easier for future accesss.
Mike Humble
2008 Marquis 45' Cat C-15 600hp