Author Topic: Xantrex and Auto Gen Start  (Read 5555 times)

Dennis Crawford

Xantrex and Auto Gen Start
« on: January 21, 2012, 12:19:57 AM »
Folks,  I have a 2005 Beaver Monterey with a networked Xantrex system.  This system controls the inverter, charger and Auto Gen Start and all items are networked together.  I know the AGS will work if the voltage drops below the set point.  What I am trying to find out is will the AGS activate with a termostat request.  At the 20 pin wiring harness there are 4 spots for T-stat wires, but there are none there.  In fact, there are not many wires there.  On the control panel there is a "trigger" for Enable temp 1 and Enable temp 2.  I guess my question is this:  does the control panel get the tstat feed or does it just send a signal to the AGS to monitor the wires there?  I hope this is not too confusing.

Dennis

Gil_Johnson

Re: Xantrex and Auto Gen Start
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 01:35:58 AM »
On my Nagnum inverter/charger with AGS it will start at a set temperature.  I assume the temperature trigger was one of the internal inverter temperature monitors.  Just an asumption and specific to Magnum.

Bill Sprague

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 03:27:34 PM »
The Xantrex on my 04 Monterey will not start the generator based on temperature.  There were at least two different controller used then, so yours may be different.  I normally leave it in the auto start mode for low battery voltage and it as worked well many times.

If you really need the temperature feature, there is an Onan kit that you can install.  As I recall Onan didn't offer it until about 2006 or 2007.  It has been awhile since I read about it, but I think that it replaces the controller you have.  

Roger Bowton

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 12:59:54 PM »
Call Xantrex and they will be able to upgrsde your controls if you send them in.  

Dennis Crawford

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 01:10:53 AM »
Roger,

I have the Enable Temp1 and Temp2 controls in my panel.  I just don't have the thermostat wiring at the AGS module and I am wondering if they should be there or are they in the control module itself.  I hate to think about wiring the thermostats.  Not even sure how to get the proper wiring from the stat to the AGS.

Dennis

Roger Bowton

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 04:34:22 AM »
We will be out of town Monday, but I will try to get some pictures for you when we get back in the afternoon

Roger
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 07:04:47 AM by 14 »