Author Topic: Sani-Com pump inop  (Read 6253 times)

Wayne Baumann

Sani-Com pump inop
« on: January 23, 2012, 03:29:50 PM »
Gil Do you have a sanpump in your rig  I have no 12 volt power to the pump or switch I have not been able to find the fuses have tested all the fuses that I can find and they all check ok  Thanks Wayne  

Gil_Johnson

Re: Sani-Com pump inop
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 06:22:42 PM »
Wayne,

The Sani-Com pump should be circuit #10 in the fuse panel in the toilet room below your AC panels.

Wayne Baumann

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 10:56:20 PM »
Thanks found the fuses the pump was stuck wayne

Robert Mathis

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 12:59:24 PM »
i had that same problem after a visiting female type person ignored the operating instructions and deposited something in the toilet that the sanicon couldn't digest. It's a real pain to access the pump, but I found that I could remove the inlet hose, and clear the stoppage with a pair of needle-nose pliers and a hooked tool similar to a dentist pick.

Wayne Baumann

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 01:27:46 PM »
Robert     I talked to Monaco and they told me that you can turn the pump back wards and the way that you do it is on the side of the pump their is a small hole and you can put a screw driver into it and turn the motor back wards and then run water again and start the pump and hope that it wash out of the pump.I did that with my locked up pump and it worked. Wayne

Gil_Johnson

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 03:31:08 PM »
Wayne, good to know.  I'm often considered carrying a standard sewer hose in the event the Sani-Con malfunctions, but haven't done so.  Does anyone with a Sani-Con carry a standard hose?  If so, have you ever had the need to use it?

Tim Westman

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 08:56:01 PM »
Gil, I have carried a standard sewer house for almost three years since I bought this coach but have never needed it.  However, I was with another Contessa that did!  I'm scared to take it out...maybe I'm due.

Tim

Ken Buck

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 12:27:22 AM »
I let my sanicon sit as backup to the regular hose. I've found the sanicon to be slow and cumbersome compared to a regular hose. If I needed to pump my wastewater somewhere it's a great tool. When at a full hookup we leave the gray tank open and allow clothes washing water and all other gray water to flow out on its own. Black water is dumped weekly and flushed with the onboard flushing system.

If you ever have occasion to take your sanicon apart you'll find a regular macerator pump which boaters are very familiar with. The 3" to 1" transition at the pump is an extemely poor design, a clog waiting to happen. There is no slow taper to the 1" pump inlet, it's a flat reducer. When you get some type of lump it comes up against the reducer and becomes an effective plug. When we bought our coach it was plugged solid. I firmly intend to only clean that one once.

Ken

Robert Mathis

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 06:33:40 PM »
I knew about the hole for the screwdriver since I had a similar macerator pump in my boat,but it was impossible to access it in my rig. When mine jammed, I was camping in the keys,and disconnected the sanicon and used a regular "stinky-slinky" for the rest of the trip. Removing the inlet hose fro the sanicon was not the most pleasant task I have ever tried to do, but was actually not as bad as it could have been. I put a heavy-duty garbage bag under the line, removed it and caught lost all of the effluent in the bag, then washed and disinfected the area. Next time, I plan to find a skinny midget and send them into the bay to free the macerator with a screwdriver, or make the offending female who stops it up fix it.

Keith Oliver

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 01:25:25 AM »
Robert

You have to understand, there are pink jobs and there are blue jobs.  Even "offending" females don't do blue jobs.