Author Topic: PDF owner/user manuals  (Read 19093 times)

Edward Buker

Re: PDF owner/user manuals
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2011, 01:21:27 AM »
Tim,

Wonderful gesture, much appreciated. I'm in no hurry so whenever you get to it.

Regards Ed

barbhalsell

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 05:04:34 PM »
So, I tried to attach and send via email a PDF manual that was 18.3 mb. Was still trying to attach 10 minutes later. Gave up on that! Anyone having any luck getting these manuals to Tim?

Tim Bentley Co-Admin

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 06:53:31 PM »
We now have an area where you can view and download the publications that I have received.  You will find them on our web site beaveramb.org.  Click on the Coach Assist link on the left.

Many of your email programs will not allow large files, or you may not have a fast enough internet connection to allow the files to upload in a reasonable time.  We should be able to set up an FTP site on our server that will except large files.  Will let you know when it is ready and how to use it.  If you have  a slow internet service you may be able to use public WiFi.  Go visit Starbucks or some other establishment that has open WiFi available.

You can find Free Public WiFi in you area at http://v4.jiwire.com/search-hotspot-locations.htm
Just enter your zip code in the search box upper right corner of the home page.

Joel Weiss

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 07:05:23 PM »
Quote from: barbhalsell
So, I tried to attach and send via email a PDF manual that was 18.3 mb. Was still trying to attach 10 minutes later. Gave up on that! Anyone having any luck getting these manuals to Tim?

Your best bet probably is to upload them to something like Google documents or some other "storage in the cloud."  Then you can send Tim a link to the document.  That's what I did with mine.  It's unlikely that many email systems will permit attachments larger than a few MB.

barbhalsell

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 07:50:32 PM »
Great idea Sandie and Joel. I will check that out.

Tim Bentley Co-Admin

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2011, 01:05:36 AM »

We now have FTP upload capabilities for large files that cannot be sent by many email programs.  

This FTP process requires Internet Explorer and a PC computer.   If you have a large owner's manual that you would like to share, email me at webmaster.bac@gmail.com for instructions.  I will need to verify you BAC membership before sending you the FTP information.

Mike And Mary Engen

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2011, 09:13:36 PM »
Quote from: LEAH DRAPER
I have never been able to detect any updated/added information on the coach assist area of BAC.....it all seems real old info.

Hi Leah,
The information looks old because we have older coaches listed there, but there is an old BAC member by the name of Steve Rankin that has kept the data up to date and I sent him info not to long ago (it wasn't 1995 LOL).  I see Tim can help too.  If you need Steve's e-mail, let me know....Mike

Tim Bentley Co-Admin

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2011, 09:16:24 PM »
Owners Manuals and several equipment manuals for the 2000 Beaver Marquis have been added to our growing list of Beaver publications.  These are courtesy of David Henry.

You can view Beaver Publications on our web page beaveramb.org, select coach assist form the menu on the left of the home page.

Edward Carda

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 01:09:16 AM »
 ;D :( :K) :K)I'm looking for a manual on the entry steps for 2007 Beaver Patriot Thunder.  The step will not retract all the way.  I dumped the hydralic jacks and the step caught on another step I had for my wife.  I heard a loud "bang" and the step after that would not retract all the way.  It remains out about 3 -4 inches.
Help.
Ed Carda

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2012, 02:04:00 AM »
Sounds like you've bent the mechanism, Ed.  You're probably going to have to unbolt and remove it either to properly straighten it yourself or take it to a metal-working or machinists shop.  As to the manual, you should probably determine what brand of step you have;  there may be an identifying logo or plate somewhere.  Kwikee is common, but as an adjoining thread entitled "Steps" here on the Forum attests, there is at least one other brand.  Once you know the brand, you may be able to find helpful diagrams on the manufacturer's website.  

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Ken Buck

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2012, 02:49:41 AM »
[quote author=] ;D :( :K) :K)I'm looking for a manual on the entry steps for 2007 Beaver Patriot Thunder.  The step will not retract all the way.  I dumped the hydralic jacks and the step caught on another step I had for my wife.  I heard a loud "bang" and the step after that would not retract all the way.  It remains out about 3 -4 inches.
Help.
Ed Carda[/quote]

Ed, I have an 07 Contessa which has an SCS/Frigette coach step. My owners manual is not much help with your specific problem. It is very similar to the manual onliine here http://www.strombergcarlson.com/store/products.php?categoryParentName=RV+Steps+%26+Step+Accessories&categoryName=Electric+RV+Steps

This may give you the info you need though.

Ken

David Lynch

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2012, 05:44:52 PM »
I'm looking for manuals for a '95 Marquis Saphire.