Author Topic: slide-out alignment  (Read 3738 times)

Bill Stireman

slide-out alignment
« on: February 13, 2012, 01:33:52 PM »
My living room curbside slide is slightly out of alignment.  Does anyone know what I need to do to bring it back into alignment?

Bill Stireman
'04 Monterey
400 HP Cat C-9

Gerald Farris

Re: slide-out alignment
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 05:50:24 PM »
Bill,
Monaco installed rollers under the slide with a rubberized coating on them that comes apart on most of the front slides in your era coach. If the slide has dropped, check the rollers under it, and if the covering is coming apart, either replace the rollers or install (press fit) a piece of schedule 40 PVC water pipe over the roller to correct the diameter loss.

Gerald

Bill Stireman

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 11:50:27 PM »
Thank you Gerald.  Sounds like something more complicated than I am equipped to handle.  I think at this stage of my life the best thing is to call a professional to remedy the problem for me.

Bill Stireman
'04 Monterey
400 HP cat C-9
From the beautiful Florida Keys

Bill Stireman

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 07:47:28 PM »
Gerald,  I have looked at the rollers and they look pretty simple to replace.  I called Beaver Coach sales to see if they have replacements and they do not and they don't have any suggestions as to where I might try next.  Can you point me to someone who might carry the rollers?

Bill Stireman
'04 Beaver Monterey
400 HP Cat C-9
from the beautiful Florida Keys

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 05:37:50 AM »
Bill,
I have only used the PVC pipe repair method, so I have never tried to buy a new roller, however Monaco (Navistar) parts should be able to furnish new rollers for you.

Gerald