Author Topic: Replace fabric wall panels?  (Read 9776 times)

JimCasazze

Replace fabric wall panels?
« on: February 20, 2012, 05:12:59 PM »
Has anyone replaced the fabric covered wall panels?  We are considering the rear stateroom and bath areas.  Not sure how they are attached and/or removed.  

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
Re: Replace fabric wall panels?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 12:46:21 AM »

I have never done this project but depending on your installation it may easier to just cover over the panels
in our 06 Thunder the fabric pattern is part of the panel I don't think you could effectively remove the print.
But you could use an adhesive to apply a new fabric or tiles.
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Bryan Quinn

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 07:22:33 PM »
Are your walls truely "fabric"?  Our '98 Contessa had a patterned wall panel, similar to what one would find in a mobile home, that looked like the Easter Bunny had exploded; shiny, glittery pastels.  I primed the walls and then covered them w/ a commercial grade wallpaper, a horizontal grasscloth style.  What an improvement!  (see pics 16 & 17 in the following link: http://s708.photobucket.com/albums/ww84/bryguymi/The%20Beaves%20Progress/)

Bryan

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 08:28:48 PM »
Bryan,
Virtually all Marquis and some Patriot coaches have fabric covered wall panels.

Gerald

Joel Weiss

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 09:16:46 PM »
As far as I can tell, the fabric went on the walls before the cabinets and trim moldings were attached.  Doing it "right" would require removal of all of that stuff.  I'm being very careful with my fabrics in the hope they will never require replacement!   :K)

Bryan Quinn

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 09:29:37 PM »
I learn something new every day, thanks!  And our Contessa still aspires to one day become a Marquis. :)

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 04:26:38 PM »
I had to replace a section of my bathroom wall due to a leak that caused delamination of the luan wall board. I used birch paneling available at Home Depot. Not too hard but to replace complete wall board would require removal everything mounted to them. If wall board is structurally sound, wallpaper can be viable option as existing wall covering is "permanently" sealed to underlying luan panel.
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 12:54:55 AM »
Bryan
Your photos show alot of well done work.  Congrats.  All of it looks great!

Just a side question, When you removed the carpet how much tile was already there from the kitchen area and so on and did you match that or replace the original tile as well?   Also, how did you get such nice lines under the slide out before installing new?

Great job!

Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Keith Oliver

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 01:27:47 AM »
In order to replace the carpet in the front cabin of our Contessa, all of the wood furniture ( there is a small cabinet up front, under the dash, a magazine rack beside the passenger seat, and a larger cabinet behind the passenger seat) had to come out.  finding one of the screws was tricky, but once found, removal was quick and done with no damage to the woodwork, so it all went back in looking great.  The whole job, from start to finish, took about 8 hours, of which less than one hour was to remove and refit the wood furniture.  I haven't started on the bedroom, which doesn't look as easy.  There, I may cut around the tables on each side of the bed rather than chance breaking something trying to get them out.
I also removed the front of the TV cabinet.  It has buttons that hide the screws. flip the buttons off and the rest is easy.  You may find those buttons hold most of the pieces you need to get off in order to attack the wall covering.