Author Topic: indirect lighting  (Read 5501 times)

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
indirect lighting
« on: February 29, 2012, 06:40:17 PM »
all of a sudden our indirect lighting is no longer working? if anyone has an idea about fuse or trouble shooting let me know. This is a Pat. 06
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Ken Buck

Re: indirect lighting
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 12:42:15 AM »
I've sent this possiblility before so maybe you've seen it or maybe not. Do you know about the dimming feature on the lights? Push and hold the button and it will cycle thru 7 different levels of lighting. You may have had someone inadvertently turn them to the lowest setting.

Ken Buck

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 12:45:18 AM »
I suppose maybe I should talk a little about the control boxes, which in my coach are in the cabinet above the toilet. They will light a small LED type light on that circuit when the lights are on, and the fuse for that circuit is right below (beside or above depending on how the boxes are oriented). I see the switch light is lit, so I'd push and hold the switch first to see if they are just dimmed.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 06:01:38 AM by 14 »

Ron Rowe

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 03:55:50 PM »
I had the same problem with the bedroom lgts. The problem was the electrical connection to the rope lgts. You will have to lower the roof panel to get at it.

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 05:39:15 PM »
Thanks Ron that make sense the switch does have power (in that it has lights) I wish I had a lighting schematic that would show the location of the fuse, but I don't think it could be a fuse since the switch has power, how big of a job is it to lower the ceiling lighting panel? is it a one man job or will I need help?
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Ron Rowe

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 01:01:16 AM »
It is not hard, but an extra set of hands will help.  The ceiling panel is hinged on one side.  You have to undo the bolts on the other side and then lower the panel.  You will probably will need and extension to reach the bolts as they are set in a bit. Run you hands around the panel and you will find the hinge; then you have to do the same to find where the bolts are.  On my unit the hinge is on the drivers side. In the living room there are 3 bolts on the curb side and one at each end on the drivers side.  In the bedroom there are 2 bolts on the curb side.

Ron Rowe

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 01:10:43 AM »
Jerry
I just saw in another post that you are at Happy Trails.  I am in Pueblo El Mirage and can give you a hand in needed.
623-255-7059
Cheers!  Ron

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 02:09:56 AM »
Ron I do look forward to the extra hands!!

I did pull the screws holding the lighting panel and found that you would really benefit form the extra set of hands.

The passenger side has some fabricated "J" hooks that help hold up the passenger side but the hinge on the drivers side is articulated. I found that the unit will bind at one end when I tried to drop it down.

I did see the lighting connection and can see a dark or burn at the connection?  This may be normal from the original install I am not sure. I don't think I am much of an electrician but it may be helpful if we can check the rope lighting perhaps we can jump a 12 volt circuit to check the rope operation?

I sure like the forum where else can I guy get help and even an offer of help, we should all be thankful and let others know how much help we get from the forum member and of course form our moderators like Gerald Ferris.

We are a very luck club!
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 10:30:01 PM »
Project repair completed!!!
Thanks fellow Beaver Ron Rowe for the extra hands! The repair really is a 2 man project dropping the ceiling panel.  Once we got it down, the failure was the same type that Ron had on his rear lighting panel. The connection point for some reason shorts, and you can see the resulting burn out once the panel is down.

I did the same repair that Ron had done on his, cut the supply wire and cut the lighting rope, then rejoin the 2 sections without the factory coupling. We just striped to bear the wires and used wire nuts and tape, job done.

The hard part was getting the panel back in place, but with the extra hands (thanks fellow pilot Ron) it was a
simple matter, and then we had time to enjoy a BEER and do a little hangar flying.

Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13