Author Topic: C9 Engine brake/Turbo issues?  (Read 19097 times)

Gil_Johnson

Re: C9 Engine brake/Turbo issues?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 02:05:53 AM »
Wayne,

What code is stored?  It will be shown on speedo display when you select the diagnostics button on the menue selector by the parking prake.

Bummer on the manual.  They probably didn't make enough of these engines to print a manual.

Gil

Wayne Baumann

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 02:37:11 AM »
Gil  The Diag. Reads  1. Eng  2. tcm  3. abs  4. Ins   Is this what you wanted to see  Thanks Wayne

william thorup

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 03:17:58 AM »
Wayne,
Which Coach do you have?  I would not go too far with that check engine light on.  As Gil said, the code should give indication what is going on...I'm not sure about the  0.4.  Everytime I had a check engine light it was for a good reason.  As I have posted...I finally got a new engine from Cat. 1200 miles after the replacement, a check engine light that turned out to be a high pressure fuel valve failure  (one of three high pressure fuel valves).  They were surprised I made it to the shop. I now have about 1500 miles with all running well (2700 miles on the new engine).
I keep my coach in a hanger and notice a lot of wet soot from the exhaust when I move it (makes a mess on the wing of a glider).  Doesn't say much for the DPF system making for cleaner envirorment.

Bill
2008 Contessa Westport 42

Wayne Baumann

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 03:36:32 AM »
Hi My exhaust is always clean  I checked the Eng Dig and it said no active falts   Thanks Wayne  forgot my coach is the same as yours.   It is 08  c9 regen systems.

Gil_Johnson

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 01:01:23 PM »
Bill,

The wet exhaust is normal when you first start the engine.  All cars, trucks, etc do it until the exhaust components come up to temperature.  During the warming process I could imagine the soot, now wet, being pushed out the exhaust.   Like Wayne, my exhaust pipe is always clean, well at least after it warms up.

Gil

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 02:55:32 PM »
OK you guys,  what is the "ARD module".

Gil_Johnson

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2012, 08:55:15 PM »
The ARD module is the fuel injector and igniter that is located in the muffler assembly.  Its purpose is to burn off the soot when the soot accumulator begins to fill.  Apparently a part that has went through a few redesigns.

Wayne Baumann

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2012, 10:46:35 PM »
Hi,

I drove 400 miles today and the check engine light stayed on all day long.   I checked, and their are no active defaults.  We had strong tail winds and then strong head winds.  The engine just ran fine like it normally does.

Wayne
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 05:35:03 AM by 14 »