Author Topic: 12 volts issues  (Read 4543 times)

Michael Carlson

12 volts issues
« on: March 07, 2012, 12:28:03 AM »
I replaced all the batteries in my coach. I have a 2005 Beaver Montery. I can only get one light to work when hooked to shore power. Unplug that it seems the batteries drain for some reason. I have made sure all lights are turned off. I just purchased the coach in October. Does anyone have any ideas?

Michael

Gil_Johnson

Re: 12 volts issues
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 02:11:28 AM »
Michael,

Can you provide more details?  Are you saying only 1 110 volt light comes on or 1 12 V light.  Which light comes on?  Are you saying when you disconnect from shore power all lights work?  12V or 110V.  Did the lights work before the batteries were replaced?

Battery drain is some what the norm if not on a charger or solar panel.  Even when everything is off there are power eating gremlins still sucking power.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 05:22:20 AM by 14 »

Michael Carlson

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 03:50:23 AM »
Here is what is wierd. I went back down. Made sure the invertor was on. Then I started the coach. My system then said everything was charged. While the coach was running everything worked. Shut coach off and everything still worked. Not sure if something had to reset after I changed all the batteries. I do have a solar panel on top.

Michael

Bill Sprague

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 01:05:29 PM »
Weird  and intermittent 12 volt behavior is often caused by a less than perfect ground connection in one or several places.  Start at the battery terminals themselves.  Then check where the ground wire goes to the frame.   Then check the inverter connections.  

Good luck!

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 06:31:05 PM »
I have not had any problems like this in our Beaver, but on our 02 Monaco this condition would happen if all power was cut off to the inverter. we would have to pull the phone line connection to re boot the system.
This was a SOP recommended by Monaco.
We had a friend that also had a Monaco and I once had to help him in the same way.

As I said I don't know if this applies to the Beaver line?
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13