Author Topic: Washer replacement  (Read 3855 times)

Robert Mathis

Washer replacement
« on: March 08, 2012, 04:36:10 PM »
i am going to have to replace my washer (whirlpool) and wondered if any of you have had to do this and if so if you have any tips on removal and replacement. I ordered an identical unit and it was delivered yesterday. I actually removed the washer from the cabinet once before, for repairs, but am more concerned with getting the old one out of the coach and the new one back in.

Frank Bannert

Re: Washer replacement
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 05:53:34 PM »
I don't know the location of the washer in your coach but I would measure the door width and if it is to wide to go through the door you may have to remove a window and take it out that way. I had to do this on m last coach. Good luck and I hope it will go trough the door. Taking a window out can be a real pain and you will need some help.

Frank

Craig Rollins

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 10:24:16 PM »
Robert, when we bought our Monterey it did not have a washer/dryer installed. We had a stacked Whirlpool washer and dryer installed by the dealer. I can't say it for a fact, but I don't believe they had to remove any windows or the door to bring them in.

Robert Mathis

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 11:29:04 PM »
I brought the coach back today from Steinhatchee, Fl and will measure the door tomorrow and figure out what I need to do. I think it will go in the door. I have a forklift and can actually use that to lift it into the coach, IF it will fit thru the door. I have to replace the scissor latch on top of the door anyway, so I can always open the door a little past 90 degrees, or even remove it if I must.  Not looking forward to this chore. BTW, when I went to pick it up today, the brakes were locked up and I had to rock it several times to break them loose. It had been sitting in an RV park over ther for about a month, in a lot of rain, humidity and wind, but after they broke loose, all was well.