Author Topic: Dash a/c  (Read 5175 times)

harry kew

Dash a/c
« on: March 13, 2012, 04:26:33 AM »
Will be working on friends 2003 40' Monterey with 350 cummins,anyone know where the hook up lines are to recharge the dash a/c. Thanks for any help.

John Hennessey

• BAC Member
Re: Dash a/c
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 05:49:58 PM »
We took our 2003 45' Marquis to the Monaco dealer in Anoka MN and they couldn't find it so they put a new fill just behind the generator.  So if they can't find it, (I hope that doesn't happen) you can always add a fill.
John & Linda Hennessey
2023-Thor Omni Class C
2011-2023 - 2003 Marquis

Les Marzec

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 08:47:24 PM »
Call Ken at Beaver in Bend.  I had mine in there and they did not have any trouble finding the connections. They were in front of the dash someplace.

Phil N Barb Rodriguez

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 09:07:14 PM »
If we're talking about the refirgerant charge lines for the dash A/C mine are located above the A/C compressor on the engine. Mine is a 2000 Thunder, but aren't most charge lines located close to the compressor?

Marty and Suzie Schenck

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 10:54:17 PM »
Most are near the compressor but not all. My 1998 Monterey's were at the evaporator between the front cap and firewall (a real bugger to get to). If yours are not at or near the compressor try looking at or near the evaporator. Doesn't a 2003 have a sliding gen up front that comes forward? If so look there, the evaprator will be above and behind the gen. Marty

Jim Shaw

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 12:29:42 AM »
On my 2003 Monterey they are under the front cap. The low pressure is close to the condenser and not to hard to access, but the high pressure is higher up and a pain to access. Just follow the lines. You will need to pull the access floor in the closet for the compressor if you need to get to it.
Jim

Gerald Farris

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 12:41:31 AM »
Most Beaver coach dash A/C charging fittings are located between the front cap and the dash. The California "40" model coaches had to locate the fittings at the compressor because the front caps were changed to make the coach short enough to get under the 40 foot California law and therefore there was not enough room to put the fittings in front.  All of the other 40 foot coaches in that era are longer than 40 feet. On the 2003 Marquis the fittings are located above the generator and to the right.

Gerald