Author Topic: Electric Drain Valve Issue???  (Read 3693 times)

JimDyer

Electric Drain Valve Issue???
« on: March 16, 2012, 04:23:56 PM »
Last fall I replaced my drain hose with a new one that has one of those almost clear elbows where the hose connects with the ground fitting. Since then I have noticed that when I drain the black tank the elbow runs completely full until the tank is nearly empty, then it drops to about 1/8 full until it finishes.  Then I close the black and open the grey and the elbow runs half full for awhile, then down to 3/8, then down to 1/4 full, etc.

I know I could open up the tank area and check the piping design, but it's a major job, so I'm hoping someone knows the answer. Is there something in the design of the gray drain piping that would cause this? I can see the black piping being large and straight, but it doesn't seem that the grey should be that restrictive.........I thought perhaps the grey valve was only opening halfway, but I have timed the electric drain valves and they make noise for the same length of time, both opening and closing.

I even went up on the roof and ran a snake down the vent pipe........ideas????

Gerald Farris

Re: Electric Drain Valve Issue???
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 04:34:47 PM »
Jim,
The reason that the black water drains faster than the gray water is that the black water has a 3 inch opening and valve to the outlet that your sewer hose fits to where the gray only has a 1 1/2 inch opening and valve. The smaller opening and valve on the gray water is much more restrictive than the one on the black water.

Gerald

JimDyer

Re: Electric Drain Valve Issue???
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 03:32:06 AM »
Oh, good. Thank you Gerald.