Author Topic: Norcold 1200LRIM  (Read 5036 times)

Bill Schneider

Norcold 1200LRIM
« on: March 21, 2012, 09:03:07 PM »
I just changed out the house batteries and the refrigerator was left on. So it had 120VAC, but no DC during the battery change out. It is completely dead now.  No response to ON/OFF button. Is there a reset for this condition (loss of DC). I need a quick response. It's warm here in AZ. Thanks, Bill

UPDATE: I found the DC problem. The "High Temp Monitor Control Kit" that was installed with the last recall failed and blocked DC to the Control Board. Apparently this unit is not "Resettable". Norcold is now closed so I can't call them until tomorrow. The refrigerator was off so I don't believe I actually have an overtemp condition. I bypassed the monitor unit for now to keep things cold, but I don't want to leave it this way in case I actually get an overtemp condition.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 10:57:27 PM by 498 »

Joel Weiss

Re: Norcold 1200LRIM
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 11:56:23 PM »
It is my understanding that many of the "first generation" of recall kits had to be "recalled" because of false activation.  The problem is that when it happens you can't prove it is the kit and not your fridge that is the problem.  If it is the fridge and you override the sensor you have abrogated your legal rights.

Chris_Pany

Re: Norcold 1200LRIM
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 07:15:34 PM »
I have the same problem with the monitor, bill how did you resolve yours? Help.

Chris Pany
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 04:48:23 AM by Glenda Farris Co-Admin »