Author Topic: Norcold 1200 Overtemp Recall Problem  (Read 4178 times)

Bill Schneider

Norcold 1200 Overtemp Recall Problem
« on: March 22, 2012, 11:31:32 PM »
FINAL UPDATE: Joel is correct about the Recall of the Recall. The overtemp module that shutdown my refrigerator from a false activation was the first generation (REV A). Apparently it has been such a problem that RV service tech's have a supply of the kits on hand to deal with it. The service I called this morning had the kits in stock and were out to replace mine within 2 hours. This is the best response I ever had. The new kit is REV E.  
Apparently Norcold won't do anything about this unless you have a false activation. For those of you that have had this update and are wondering what REV you have, you can check it by looking at the opening in the overtemp module where the circuit board is exposed and reading it off the circuit board. If you have the early REV, be prepared. An authorized RV tech must inspect your unit and verify the false activation for you to get an updated REV. I am sure that if it were not for the fact that I am in an area with a large "Snowbird" population this would have been far more time consuming to resolve.
Joel is also correct in warning about bypassing this overtemp module. Be aware of your personal risk and liability if you choose to do so.