Author Topic: Slide out Breaker Location  (Read 3691 times)

John 'Bo' Achord

Slide out Breaker Location
« on: April 29, 2012, 01:13:05 AM »
I am at my little girl's soccer game, with my 2008 Beaver Contessa Milan. When I was picking up to go home, the two main slides quit working along with the generator slide.  As far as I can see, they all work off the same 12vdc hydraulic pump/motor located in the generator compartment on the drivers side in front of the coach. (I had to disconnect the hydraulic hose on one of the cylinders in order to pull out the generator  slide to get to the pump.   Before I disconnect and pull the motor I was wondering if there is a breaker or fuse I can check and where is it located?  The Operators manual that came with the coach said there is a 20 amp. breaker curb side in the rear of the coach. I can not locate this inside or out . Any suggestions ?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:18:26 PM by 14 »

Mike Humble

• BAC Member
  • BAC Past President 2014-2018
Re: Slide out Breaker Location
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 03:51:24 PM »
I read here a year ago or so that the breaker is inside the generator slide, but I can not locate it.  Try looking there.
Mike
2008 Marquis 45' Cat C-15 600hp

John 'Bo' Achord

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 02:48:19 AM »
Mike

Thanks for the tip.  I did find an overload switch located on the firewall of the coach inside the generator slide out behind a bundle of wires. It has a manual reset lever.  Once I reset the switch everything worked fine.  I think since the coach was not exactly level, this put the motor in a bind, causing the overload to trip.  I have tried the slides since, and everything is working great.  I am not sure why they placed the manual switch in the generator slide, because if the switch trips while sliding out the living room slide or the dining room slide, you would have to bleed the generator slide hydraulic oil line, in order to pull out the slide to reset the switch.  I learned to slide out the generator slide first in order to access the switch if this would happen again. Thanks again Mike.  ( Sorry for the late response )
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 05:08:55 AM by 14 »

Frank Wright

• BAC Member
  • Beaver Contessa 42M
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 08:02:55 PM »
Hello,
Different question on the same topic can you tell me the brand of the pump. Mine is leaking and may need replacement or rebuild, guessing HWH or Lippert?
Thanks,
Frank
2008 Contessa