Author Topic: NO HOT WATER  (Read 11323 times)

Bill Parrish

NO HOT WATER
« on: May 07, 2012, 08:41:03 PM »
I have an aqua hot 450DE heating system.  The furnace part system works fine, both diesel and electric, but neither work heating water.  Any suggestions what's wrong?

Bill :-/

Richard And Babs Ames

Re: NO HOT WATER
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 08:50:23 PM »
Aqua Hot has a trouble shooting guide. On our Aqua Hot it was the Water Mixing Valve as the heat excchanger heats the water to 180 degrees and the water mixing valve allows the addition of cold water to bring it down to arround 130 or about a normal water heater setting.

Did this happen all of a sudden?

Bill Parrish

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 12:40:40 AM »
Yes, all lights on the control panel are green.  It appears to me that the deisel burner only  stay on long to heat the fluid in the glycol tank when the furnance is turned on.  I thought when I asked for hot water the burner would turn on, but it does not.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 04:02:41 AM »
Bill,
If the coolant reservoir around the burner chamber is hot, the burner does not need to come on to heat water. The domestic hot water is heated by circulating through a heat exchanger inside that reservoir, and as the fresh water cools the fluid in that reservoir, the burner will fire up to maintain the proper temperature. So if the burner has run long enough to heat the reservoir of boiler fluid that surrounds the burner, you will have hot water unless your mixing valve is not operating properly.

Gerald

Orman Claxton

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 06:01:18 AM »
Hello Bill
Give  me a call or send me an email, i walk you through trouble shooting your H/H
Thanks
orman Claxton
206 660 9893
Authorized  Aqua-Hot tech

Bill Parrish

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 03:03:18 PM »
sorry guys... where is the mixing value and what does it look like.  I have a picture of the back of the unit with part names, but don't see mixing value.

Thanks

Bill

Gerald Farris

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 05:16:53 PM »
Bill,
The mixing valve is located about in the center of your picture with the gray looking knob on top.

Gerald

Bill Parrish

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 11:01:16 PM »
Ok, we were able to squeeze in the compartment and turn the value in both directions and tried to heat water, but nothing.  What does the value do?  Is it a value that must be turn one way or another?  Is it electronic?  One more try before I make an appointment with a maintenance shop.

Thanks again,

Bill

Edward Buker

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 12:35:02 AM »
Bill,

The valve works like a thermostat in a car. It has a spring that expands and contracts with temperature and that regulates the flow between the hot and cold side to the output. They can get mineral deposits that impede its regulation or it can mechanically freeze up from lack of use. If you have rotated it in one direction and the other and it still does not work then it may have to be changed. Before that is done you need to see if you can sort out the problem to that source first.

later Ed
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 05:47:00 AM by 910 »

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 01:34:37 PM »
http://www.aquahot.com/Service-Help.aspx Has owners manuals with trouble shooting guides and technical support to help you and service center reccomendations. We have Orman Claxton (see above) also.

Bill Parrish

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 10:00:23 PM »
One more clue.  I unhook the city water and run off fresh water tank, using the water pump and I get medium hot water.  anybody got  ideas?

Bill

Karl Welhart

• BAC Member
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 10:31:52 PM »
Bill, are your outside shower knobs turned to the off position, both hot and cold?
Karl and Nancy Welhart, F36017
2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP (2014-current)
2002 Patriot (2002-2014)
1997 Monterey (1997-2002)
Niceville, Florida

Bill Parrish

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 06:08:48 PM »
Thanks folks for all your comments and suggestions but I have given up and am taking it to certified Aqua Hot repair center ion Mayfield Ky.  It's about 4 hours away and hope they can fix in a short period of time.

Thanks again,

Bill & Debbie

Bill Parrish

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 03:10:08 PM »
Karl you are the winner.  Cold water was on at outside shower, but turned off at shower head, acted as mixing valve.  Once corrected, have all the hot water we could want.

Thanks again everyone,

Bill and Debbie

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 05:43:59 PM »
Hope you found it before the trip.