Author Topic: AC Condenser Fan  (Read 3821 times)

Brad Burgess

AC Condenser Fan
« on: May 08, 2012, 09:35:47 PM »
Hello All

My 06 Monterey has an electric fan mounted to the outside of the AC condenser coil.  This fan was wired to try and suck air from the radiator area - contra to the engine hydraulic fan - good luck with that!  Is this fan factory installed?

Thanks for your help.

Brad Burgess
06 Monterey

Brad Burgess

Re: AC Condenser Fan
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 10:04:53 PM »
Hello All Again

Tech at Divine Coach Care in Phoenix also just told me that the ac control on the dash does not send a signal to activate the engine driven hydraulic fan when the ac is turned on.  Could this be the reason for the electric fan and could it be that it was just wired in reverse?

THanks,

Brad Burgess

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 11:16:22 PM »
 Brad,
The electric fan on the A/C condenser coil is factory installed and it is controlled by a pressure switch in the a/c high pressure circuit. The A/C condenser fan should deliver air flow in the same direction as the engine cooling fan if the condenser is located in the same area. If the condenser fan is delivering air flow in a direction that is opposing the engine cooling fan, it is wired wrong.

Gerald

Brad Burgess

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 12:44:48 AM »
Hi Gerald

Thanks - that is what I thought.  And, it would explain why there is no signal to the engine ecm to activate the hydraulic main fan.  The tech at Divine is going to reinstall the electric fan in the morning and wire it to run in the correct direction - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will do the trick.

Thanks again Gerald -

Brad Burgess