Author Topic: Help - House Water Pump issue  (Read 4537 times)

Jeff Watt

Help - House Water Pump issue
« on: June 08, 2012, 11:23:28 PM »
Quick overview and need help...

Drained the fresh tank using the electric valve. Did not use low point drain. Then filled the tank to about 80%. No problem. no leaks. Water at all sinks, shower and toilet.

PROBLEM - when I turn the pump on for any reason the pump ALSO wants to pump back out of the city fill hose.

Any remedies or ideas will be greatly appreciated - planning on leaving in 3 days and of course I need this corrected.

Thanks,

Jeff

Thinking on the go - I assume the fresh tank valve is a back valve, ie. not let water once going in. I'm going to try to open and close it a few times and maybe hook up the water line again.

George H. Wall

Re: Help - House Water Pump issue
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 11:43:46 PM »
Do you have the TANK FILL valve closed???

Jeff Watt

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 11:57:33 PM »
Just out playing with it.

When I have the tank fill valve closed it pumps water out the hose vigorously. When tank valve open (i.e. to fill the tank) the water still pumps out the hose but at a lesser rate.

It appears that the valve is not closing properly - I can hear it opening/closing - but obviously not enough.

SO if I have to get at it to repair/replace, I assume it is behind the white monster panel with all the valves. And how does one do that?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Watt

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 12:45:03 AM »
RESOLVED  :)

This forum is great - did a search for pump/valve issues and one member had suggested clamping off the hose with vice-grips to cause back pressure. Did that and the valve closed. To double check I topped up the fresh tank, shut the valve and it closed all the way - no water coming out the hose.

:X

Thanks

Jeff

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 01:36:03 AM »
Jeff - some water inlets are both a water regulator and a back flow guard.
See if your looks like this one at West Marine:

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=15369&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=50632&subdeptNum=50646&classNum=50649

Your back flow guard may have failed.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 04:52:03 AM by 215 »