Author Topic: 03 Marquis issues  (Read 4194 times)

William Harrison

03 Marquis issues
« on: June 19, 2012, 01:33:16 PM »
 I have had my coach for less than a year so I am still learning about it.  This is my 3rd coach and by far the nicest one but I have some
issues I can't seem to resolve.
1.  The Aqua Hot system keeps blowing the 10A fuse in the fan circuit.  I have measured the current flow in all but the fan in the heat exchanger
     in the cabinet next to the sofa (and  the basement exchanger whose control is located under the washer cabinet, and is off) and all are   between .25       and .35A.  There is no on/off or fan speed control on this exchanger.  I have turned all
     other fans off in an attempt to isolate the problem.  Any suggestions?
2.  The fresh water tank indicates 68 gal. when full and never overflows.  If I knew where the overflow was located I could check to see if it is plugged.
3. The Alladin display shows outside temp of -18 deg and never changes.  Where is the sensor located?
4.  Is there a supply shutoff for the Insta Hot unit?  There is hot water in it but no flow at the spigot (yes I depressed the handle).

Gerald Farris

Re: 03 Marquis issues
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 07:35:19 PM »
William,
I will see if I can help on some of your questions.
1. I am not sure how AquaHot wires this fuse, so you will probably need to get Orman to help in diagnosing this problem, but it sounds like you may have a wire shorted somewhere, unless the fuse is for the combustion fan inside the AquaHot.
2. Your coach holds 100 gallons of fresh water and it has an automatic shutoff that closes the electric fill valve when the tank is full so that it will never overflow unless there is a malfunction in the system. The first thing that you need to do in diagnosing this problem is to recalibrate the sensor. If recalibration of the sensor does not repair your problem, you will need to replace the sensor.
3. I am not sure where the outside temperature sensor is located. It is probably behind the front cap on the left side, but we will need to wait for a 2003 Marquis owner for input here.
4. The shutoff valve for your Insta Hot should be located in the compartment with your water pump (right rear of your basement).

Gerald  

Orman Claxton

Re: 03 Marquis issues
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 05:25:04 AM »
Hi William
Give me a call, I will try to talk you through some trouble shooting on your Aquahot
206 660 9893