Author Topic: CB Radio  (Read 5773 times)

Orman Claxton

CB Radio
« on: June 19, 2012, 08:12:32 PM »
Just wondering....
I have a question, it seems a lot of Rvers have CB Radios, just wondering how many,? Do you use them a lot?
Thanks
Orman 8)

Gerald Farris

Re: CB Radio
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 08:32:18 PM »
Orman,
There are a few club members who use their CB a lot like Lamar, however most of us use it mainly on rolling rallies or on caravans between an International Rally (Lead-in Rally) and the FMCA Rally.

Gerald  

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 11:21:39 PM »
Has everyone pretty much changed out the CB with controls on the mic?  I have not found a source for replacement of the coiled mic cord.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Tom and Pat Fudale

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 11:42:39 PM »
Have a CB in my coach but never use it, Who wants to hear a bunch of truckers talking about there sex life. Use cell phone..

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 12:00:52 AM »
 Keith,
Most large CB shops, like Clay's radio shop in Weatherford Texas, should be able to help you. http://www.claysradioshop.com/

Gerald

Joel Weiss

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 03:52:30 AM »
We use it when we're stuck in one of those monster traffic jams on the interstate and would like to know how far ahead the accident is!  Although these days we can often get on the state highways website and look at their real-time accident map.

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 04:15:52 AM »
I often use the handheld Family radio, but we have a CB do the BAC member use a channel.
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Gerald Farris

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 04:54:36 AM »
Jerry,
The BAC does not have an official channel, although we commonly use channel 3 on caravans between the International Rally and the FMCA Rally.

Gerald

Robert Mathis

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 03:39:03 PM »
I have one in my coach, but like others, only turn it on when in traffic, or when there is a crash or road-blockage.

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 04:53:10 PM »
We have an upgraded CB and use it constantly when in BAC rallies that roll from place to place or when we travel with other coaches.  It is nice to talk to your traveling companion and pass on information or arrange the next rest stop.  When we went to Alaska with our rally, everyone used the CB and loved it.  They could tell each other of animals they saw, comment on the beautiful scenery, and warn each other of road hazards or frost freeze areas.  Many just used their hand-held mics and with the antenna adjusted properly they performed more than adequately.  We use ours when not on the interstate and travel the back roads.  If in or near northern California, I would recommend the Yak Yak Shack in Red Bluff or in Oregon, near Coburg at the turn-off to the old Monaco facility there is a good dealer.
Roy Warren
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13