Author Topic: Kitchen Slide  (Read 5009 times)

Jim Shaw

Kitchen Slide
« on: June 25, 2012, 12:01:40 PM »
Went camping over the week end and met a new Patriot Thunder owner. He has a 2005 and the kitchen or passenger side front slide will not come out all the way. It seems to work fine but stops about 2 or 3 inches short of fully extending. We tried it several times all with the same results. I could not see any thing that would cause the problem, hoping someone has an idea where to start looking.
Thanks for a new Beaver owner.
Jim

Bill Sprague

Re: Kitchen Slide
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 02:53:32 PM »
We traveled from Prineville to Newfoundland with some friends that had an '06 Thunder.  The kitchen slide was the same.  I think what you see is normal for some reason.

Jim Shaw

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 06:10:18 PM »
Bill,
I don't believe this is normal since it is not going out all the way. It is really noticeable from the inside. Could there be a limit switch that is out of adjustment. Not able to see much just looking at it from the inside or outside.

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 09:07:43 PM »
Check to see if something fell behind the slide stopping the slide from fully extending.  Something may be lodged between the inside of the external wall and the outside of the slide wall.  Look behind the molding on the edges of the slide.

Larry

Jim Shaw

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 02:38:38 PM »
That's a great idea Larry, but there is hardly any access on either side, but I will email him with that info.
Jim

Butch Martin

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 05:45:01 PM »
Kitchen slides usually only extend about 18 inches due to wiring and plumbing as compared to 30 inches on the other side of my coach.

Butch

Jeff Watt

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 01:35:43 AM »
I had posted a similar thread a few months back as the passenger slide (from the inside) looks like it should go out further. I had posted pictures of my units slide out. However, all measurements are even and the outside lines up well, i.e. paint matchs.

After conferring with another '05 Patriot Thunder owner (Larry Fisk) I believe this is the way they are, although it looks odd as one speaker is essentially hidden behind the slide.

Jeff

Jim Shaw

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 10:46:08 PM »
After talking with other owners it is decided that is just the way Beaver made it so all is OK. Thanks to all who replied.
Jim