Author Topic: Bay doors won't lock - unlock  (Read 5069 times)

Bill Parrish

Bay doors won't lock - unlock
« on: June 27, 2012, 08:07:03 PM »
I have a 2005 Monterey. I cannot lock many of the bay doors with a key (key will not turn on any bay doors). 6 months ago lock worked from key or key fob but no longer. It's like latches are stuck in unlock position. I have had to disable the black auto lock (unlock) actuator in the door to get the key to work on some of my bay doors.  I have not figure out the problem yet. HELP  Keyless keypad only works to lock doors (not bay doors).  Tried to reprogram this module but can't enter reset using master code -  only keys that work are the middle keys 3/4 & 5/6.  Also tried to reprogram key fob via instructions with reset button on module in control panel in dash in front of driver -  entry door locks / unlocks but no impact on bay doors. Could the a relay switch in wiring bay be bad?   HELP
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 06:39:26 PM by 6904 »

Tom and Pat Fudale

Re: Bay doors won't lock - unlock
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 12:40:18 AM »
I know this a dumb question but are you using the proper key?

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 06:05:52 AM »
Not necessarily a dumb question, given there are two virtually identical in appearance keys used for different entry and bay locks on our '06 Monterey.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Bill Parrish

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 06:42:45 PM »
Yes using right key ... matched number on lock to number on door lock. I posted more info...see if that gives anyone ideas for problems.

Thanks

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 12:45:32 AM »
On another thread here in mid-May, Jeff Watt posted a link to a provider that might be helpful:  http://www.keyless.com/post.htm

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Bill Parrish

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 01:26:47 AM »
Fixed problems:

Actuators are bad on bay doors...proper current is going to them. Ordered and installed new ones. ($12. each - cheap)

Door key pad ... had to really push hard on 1 and 9 to get them to work ... really hard.  Reprogramed to new unlock code and works fine.  

Thanks for you help,

Bill