Author Topic: Holding tank monitor panel  (Read 6637 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Holding tank monitor panel
« on: June 30, 2012, 08:44:47 PM »
Our control panel for the holding tank levels, Battery condition, Propane level etc. Seems to be shot.  
There is no manufacturer name on the front but the circut board is from 1997 and says Jvc (I think).
I attributed past tank level glitches to dirty tanks or bad connections. The connections on the tanks have been removed and cleaned lasr year and the tanks were flushed twice yesterday.
I get half full on everything, though it sometimes reads empty or 3/4 briefly.
Has anyone found a good replacement unit?  Where ?
We just had the Intelidrive replaced with Silverleaf. Has anyone got the add on that shows tank levels etc? How do you like it?

Thanks much
Keith
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 09:49:18 PM by 14 »
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Gerald Farris

Re: Holding tank monitor panel
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 10:12:22 PM »
 Keith,
The SilverLeaf unit in my coach reads tank levels as well as house battery levels. I am not sure if it is reading them from the CMP 10 monitoring panel, or if it is reading the sensors themselves, but it always seems to work well.

You can call Martin Perlot (888-741-0259), the owner of SilverLeaf, and ask him if your unit has the capability to read the information that you want and what is involved in making it do so, or if you need to try something else. Since Martin's father Mat owned Beaver when your coach was built, he should be very familiar with the monitoring system in your coach.  

If parts are not available for your monitoring panel, your other option would be a SeeLeveL monitoring system from Garnet Technologies. Since the SeeLeveL sensors go on the outside of the tank, there are no problems with dirty sensors. Everyone that I know of who has installed the SeeLeveL system is happy with it's performance.

Gerald

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 09:52:14 PM »
I have noticed that the tank levels etc. do not show on the Silverleaf until the CMP 10 is turned on.  That may indicate they use the same sensors.

Larry

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 08:46:58 AM »
What is the CMP 10 monitoring panel?  
Perhaps I can get the folks at Brazils in Centralia to upgrade my brand new system.  Sheeeesh
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 02:04:50 PM »
Keith,
The CMP 10 is the coach systems monitoring panel that was used in some Beaver coaches around 2000. All of the Marquis coaches were equipped with it, however I am not sure how many other coaches used it. Since the CMP 10 system is at least 12 to 13 years old, I am sure that you can find a more modern and capable system if you want to upgrade your coach with a new system.

Gerald

Tim Bentley Co-Admin

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 08:03:27 PM »
I finally got fed up with the tank monitoring on my 03 coach and installed the SeeLeveL system by Garnet Technologies. It is easy to install, only one wire to each sensor.  My system reads all three tanks, battery voltage and propane levels.  I did not choose to tie it to my Aladin system, although that option is available.  So far it has been great, nice to know whats really in your tanks.  With the sensors on the outside of the tank there is no build up on sensors to worry about.  For me it was money well spent.