Author Topic: Girard Limit Switches  (Read 4824 times)

Dave Tanchak

Girard Limit Switches
« on: July 03, 2012, 04:34:27 PM »
Does anyone know how to adjust the limit switch on the awning?  I had found a web site at one time that showed the way to do it but now I can't find the site again...  1998 Beaver Contessa 38'.  Sorry I dont have the motorhome here to get the model number from it...
Thanks
Dave.

Gerald Farris

Re: Girard Limit Switches
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 05:09:35 PM »
Dave,
The limit switches are adjusted with Allen wrench screws that are located in the motor housing above your front door. They are visible when the awning is open and you are looking up from below.

One screw adjust the outer limit and the other one adjust the inner limit. You have to be careful when adjusting these switches, because if you let the awning go out to far the fabric will not have enough tension and it will flap excessively in the wind and pool water in the rain. If your awning pools water in the rain, the excess weight of the water can break the arms. Also if you adjust the inward travel in to far, the motor will not cut-off when the awning is all of the way in and cause motor failure.

Gerald  

Larry Fritz

• BAC Member
  • 98 Patriot Ticonderoga - 37' Blue/White, 3126B CAT
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 04:10:25 AM »
Dave, I think www.girardrvawnings.com will take you to product manuals. You likely have the G2000 awning. It is worth having because there are other adjustments that you may want to change some day.

Larry Fritz
Larry Fritz

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 04:35:12 AM »
Dave if you do the adjustment make a very small adjustment 1/4 turn at a time they are very sensative
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13