Author Topic: cruise control  (Read 3959 times)

Frank Bannert

cruise control
« on: July 05, 2012, 12:54:25 AM »
Can someone tell me how to operate the cruise control. I have read the book but to no avail. I can turn on the cruise and set it at a speed in which I want to travel and if needed to lower it  it goes back to original setting. SAY 68 mph. I can turn the cruise off and try to reset to lower and it goes back to the 68 mph. The only way I can change this is to stop turn the ignition off. and then it resets to any other speed but if I want to slow it down it does exactly the same thing and yes the engine brake is off. This is on a 02 Pat, Montecello with the C7 Cat engine. It will speed up up if you hold the resume down and keep.

Thanks Frank

Joel Weiss

Re: cruise control
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 01:38:19 AM »
Sounds like you know how to operate the cruise control except that it's not operating properly.  Everything you have tried sounds correct.  All I have to do to change to a new speed is disengage either by applying the brake, flipping off the power switch, or turning on the Jake.  When I re-engage the cruise control it can be set to any speed I wish.  I can also reduce the set speed while using the cruise by pushing the center push-button.  Each push reduces the set speed by 1 mph.

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 01:53:00 AM »
I can't remember if it was my 99 BPT or another coach that I had, but in order to reset it I had to punch the Set button twice after I originally set it.  This would change the speed to the new speed.  You might try this.
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 02:09:30 AM »
If you hold down the set button and allow the coach to coast down and then release the set button at the desired speed it should hold that speed.The double tap sounds promising to try also.

Later Ed

Dick Simonis

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 03:34:21 AM »
On mine,once it's set I hit he resume button once for every 1 mph of increase and the set button once for every 1 mph of decrease.