Author Topic: High Def TV Upgrade 2004 Marquis  (Read 11239 times)

steve zannella

High Def TV Upgrade 2004 Marquis
« on: July 07, 2012, 08:01:11 PM »
We just completed a high defintion TV installation in the front of our 2004 Marquis. We had the Sharp flat panel 32" and found a LG 32LV3400 that fit perfectly into the existing frame. We also removed the the external speaker adapters from the Sharp and installed them on the LG so the sound from the TV would play through the built in speakers.
Anyone interested in what we experienced. let us know.

Bill Sprague

Re: High Def TV Upgrade 2004 Marquis
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 09:52:33 PM »
Yes, I am very interested.  I was about to give up on matching the size to the old standard def Sharp.  And, I didn't think I was going to solve the speaker part.  Where did you get your new one?  

Jim Stewart

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 12:02:52 AM »
Yes, I am quite interested in learning about your changeover.  I suppose you had to change out your satellite dish to a HD dish and ditto for the receiver.

Thanks for doing the research,

Jim Stewart
2006 Monterey
400 Cat

steve zannella

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 12:03:43 AM »
Bill
We purchased the LG 32LV3400 on Amazon for around $400.00. I just checked amazon and they still have some. Check the dimension of the LG 32LV3400 as I think the 2500 and 3500 have the same dimensions. The important part is the outside dimension of the 32LV3400 fits perfectly into the frame, if I remember correctly I trimmed some of the LG back cover plastic on the connector side so I would have more space to connect HDMI cables.  The metal brackets which hold the Sharp TV onto the frame have to be re-shaped to accommodate the LG TV.

For the speakers, we removed the back cover of the Sharp, about 15 screws, and removed the left and right speaker control board, it's real simple by removing 1 screw on the control board and then opened up two holes on the back of the LG near each speaker and disconnected the LG speaker wires and connected them to the left and right control boards. We then mounted the control boards on the outside of the rear plastic cover on the LG. Simply plug in the RCA plugs and everything works great. In fact the sound is much brighter and louder than with the sharp TV.

BY removing the Xantrex remote cover and the slide out switch cover we were able to pass 2 HDMI, composite, AV and optical cables to the component cabinet above the passenger seat. We replaced the Sharp control system with a Blue Ray DVR in its space. The Directv box send it's signal to the coax cable directly to the TV. The Bose DVD  is no longer connected, as well as the old VCR, because we didn't need it with the Blue Ray. The Bose sound system still works because the audio out goes from the Directv to the Bose system.

steve zannella

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 12:16:33 AM »
Jim

I haven't changed the Directv box or satellite dish to high def yet, thats' the next step. Right now we get Hi Def over the air with our motor home antenna and Blue Ray DVR. The only challenge to get Hi Def satellite now is to buy and install and HD dish, about $1600 and Directv Hi Def receiver. Then install a HDMI cable from the TV to the satellite receiver.

I'll let you know when we get that phase done.  

Bill Sprague

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 02:25:08 PM »
My Sharp measures 30 5/32" by 19 9/16".  I found the owners manual for the LG 32LV3400  at http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-32LV3400 where it gives the dimensions as 30.2 inch x 19.3 inch.  In MM it is 766 x 497 for the Sharp and 768.0 mm x 492.0 mm for the LG.  It looks like it would fit.  Unfortunately, Amazon is out of them.  Other sellers at Amazon are charging a premium for it.  

The 2500 and 3500 measure a little differently and I don't think it would fit.  The newer version is the LS series.  Maybe I can find one of those that will fit.

I'll keep looking!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 04:23:50 PM by 149 »

steve zannella

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 04:17:08 PM »
Bill
I measured the inside dimensions of our existing TV cabinet frame for the Sharp 32" TV and did a lot of research to find the LG LED TV that would fit. The dimensions for the LG32LV3400 are   30.2" wide x 19.3" high x 1.7" deep without the TV stand. The TV fit was snug on the width and was about an inch short on the height the depth was not an issue because of the deep cabinet. You can find more info about this TV at http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-32LV3400-led-tv

Bill Sprague

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 04:26:25 PM »
Quote from: steve zannella
Bill
I measured the inside dimensions of our existing TV cabinet frame for the Sharp 32" TV and did a lot of research to find the LG LED TV that would fit. The dimensions for the LG32LV3400 are   30.2" wide x 19.3" high x 1.7" deep without the TV stand. The TV fit was snug on the width and was about an inch short on the height the depth was not an issue because of the deep cabinet. You can find more info about this TV at http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-32LV3400-led-tv

Thanks for the reply.  After a lot of reading, I rewrote my post above yours.  I'm going to try a wider search for the LV3400.