Author Topic: How To Access Air Conditioner Vent  (Read 3173 times)

Norm Green

• BAC Member
How To Access Air Conditioner Vent
« on: July 10, 2012, 03:19:53 AM »
The front and rear air conditioners on our newly acquired '06 Patriot Thunder do no function as well as I believe they should.  On investigation, I think one of the problems may be the accumulated dirt at both the roof level and at the ceiling vent.  I'm convinced the previous owner never cleaned much of anything.  I would like to remove the decorative ceiling panels so I can clean everything properly, and at the same time repair or replace the indirect lighting.  Has anyone removed these panels, one is in the living area and one in the bedroom.  Any advice or instructions would be greatly appreciated.
Norm & Cynthia Green
Franklin, TN
2018 Entegra Cornerstone 45W
Previous, four different Beaver coaches

neil omalley

Re: How To Access Air Conditioner Vent
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 10:18:58 PM »
Hi Norm: My 2005 Pat Thunder has (I think) the same style panels on the ceilings.  When I say it is a pain to clean the a/c vents, believe me . You have to remove a bolt (7/16?) from each end, then slide the whole panel forward and let it swing down to access the a/c panel. Be careful not to push the panel TOO far forward or you will come off the "L" bracket which holds the panel up.  After you have cleaned the filters - now comes the hard part- you have to swing the panel up and back so as to align the bolt holes and reinstall the bolts. Panel is quite heavy so it's 2 men and a boy to maneuver.  I ended up having cutouts made to match the woodwork that hold up magnetically and all I have to do now is remove the small vent and clean the filters without having to drop the panel.  Good luck.