Author Topic: Magnum inverter  (Read 4670 times)

Kerry Bennington

Magnum inverter
« on: July 15, 2012, 12:15:27 AM »
I am having problems with my inverter...I cannot get the charge switch to turn on.  The inverter portion works fine, can run the microwave with no concerns, but would like to keep my batteries up.  It currently shows 14.2 volts DC on the inverter.  I recently cleaned all of the posts and ensured all batteries were full with water...  Any ideas??

Kerry Bennington

Re: Magnum inverter
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 04:15:56 AM »
Rebooted the inverter by turning in off then on and it now is working fine, but the Alladin is still without power.  Is there an inline fuse that I may have missed?

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 04:31:05 AM »
Kerry,
If your batteries are at 14.2V, they are being charged. If fact if they stay at 14.2V for an extended period of time they are being over charged. We need more information to help you.

Gerald

Kerry Bennington

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 05:28:17 PM »
Thanks Gerald -   System worked well overnight,  current dash meter over 12v.  Any ideas on Sony monitor (Alladin) - which has gone completely black?  Is it a fused system?

Also can't figure out how to get into my headlights - I need to change a bulb?

Bill Sprague

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 08:41:11 PM »
[quote author=]Thanks Gerald -   System worked well overnight,  current dash meter over 12v.  Any ideas on Sony monitor (Alladin) - which has gone completely black?  Is it a fused system?

Also can't figure out how to get into my headlights - I need to change a bulb?[/quote]
To get to my headlights, on my '04, I have to crawl under the front cap and they come out with about a half twist counter clockwise.

The Sony is harder.  Make sure the "Night" button is not pushed, the contrast is up, the brightness is up and the on button is pushed.  I don't know where the fuse is.  It might also be that the Alladin needs a reboot.  On mine, the button for that is in the small storage cabinet above the driver's left ear.  

Good luck.

Kerry Bennington

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 01:14:49 PM »
Thanks, Bill.  It was a tight squeeze but got it done.  The Sony doesn't show e the power light on so it's just like a blown fuse at home, one minute nice and awake, the next dead as a doornail.  I'm going to try to trace the power line and see if I can find a fuse because that seems to me to be a likely source of the problem, so searching will begin!