Author Topic: Broken windshield  (Read 4790 times)

William Harrison

Broken windshield
« on: July 19, 2012, 02:39:13 PM »
 I was parked at a racetrack early this week when I heard a sound like a rock being thrown at the driver's side windshield.
When I opened the privacy curtain I saw the windshield was shattered.  I noticed the coach was not level even though the
levelling system was on (the right front was much lower than the left).  This is the second windshield in less than a year, the first break occurred
when I drove out of a parking lot over a diagonal ditch which raised the left front about 18 inches higher than the left.
Last trip I took the coach to an HWH repair shop because the aux compressor never came on, and it still didn't.  The only
time I have had it come on was when I was trying to level the coach (with the engine running and at full air press) and it wouldnt
level because the slope was too great.  (The excess slope indicator did not come on).

Gerald Farris

Re: Broken windshield
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 04:22:10 PM »
William,
It sounds like you have a leveling system malfunction, however since you did not say what leveling system you have (air only or air/hydraulic) or what year and model your coach is, there is not a lot that we can do to help you.

Gerald

William Harrison

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 01:42:10 PM »
 Sorry, the coach is a 2003 Marquis with a 600 series HWH air levelling system.

Mike.Way

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 03:18:34 PM »
Similar symptoms prompted me to discuss this with HWH and I replaced the controller circuit board.  Fairly simple, about 3 on a scale of 10.

Mike

William Harrison

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 05:03:37 PM »
 Already replaced the control board.

John Hennessey

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 10:33:01 PM »
Call Beaver Coach Sales in Bend OR and ask to speak to Steve.  He's the expert.
John & Linda Hennessey
2023-Thor Omni Class C
2011-2023 - 2003 Marquis