Author Topic: 50 amp Surge Guard Protector.  (Read 3588 times)

Jeremy Parrett

50 amp Surge Guard Protector.
« on: August 08, 2012, 09:35:02 PM »
Gerald,
  before I go out and buy one of these units......do we have one fitted on the Marquis??  If so where would it be located?  

Thanks,  Jeremy

Edward Buker

Re: 50 amp Surge Guard Protector.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 04:01:00 AM »
Jeramy,

In case Gerald is busy,.... I believe that he added a Surge Guard to his coach along with an autoformer option so it did not come with one. I have a 2002 Marquis and that year also did not have one as an option or as a standard feature. If one was added to your coach by a prior owner, the most practical mounting place would be on the basement ceiling wired in just before the transfer switch. If a combo surge guard and transfer switch was ordered it would be in the same location replacing the current transfer switch...this option is not very likely.

Later Ed

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 04:44:12 AM »
Jeremy,
Sorry that it took so long to answer, but I am traveling from Texas to New York, so internet only after I stop driving at night.

Ed is correct in that your coach does not have a Surge Guard unless it was added by a previous owner.

Gerald

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 08:15:15 PM »
Thanks Gerald and Ed.
   I have ordered The TRC Hard wired 50 amp Surge Guard Protector.  I had a PC Board failure last week on our new Airxcel (Coleman) 2 ton basement airconditioner. Lightning strikes caused a voltage spike that fried the board.  Still under the 2 year warranty,Coleman are replacing the board and will cover 1 1/2 hours labour.