Author Topic: can someone confirm the identity of this?  (Read 5952 times)

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
can someone confirm the identity of this?
« on: August 11, 2012, 07:14:51 PM »
Can someone confirm what this is? I think its a set of release valves to manually lower air jacks? Our coach has air leveling only..no jacks. The thing to the left looks like an air coupler just like  on an air compressor. Can I hook up to it to inflate tires?
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Joel Weiss

Re: can someone confirm the identity of this?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 07:43:22 PM »
The valves are the ones you would use to completely deflate the entire air system--brakes and air bags.  These are the "low point drains" in the air system and are used to make sure all water is removed from the system.

The connector on the left permits you to access the compressed air system for purposes of inflating a tire, etc.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 07:50:19 PM »
The valves are bleeder valves to drain water from your air tanks, and the air coupler connects to an air tank so you can use it to air tires as long as the tank has air pressure.

Gerald

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 08:02:47 PM »
Thank you gentlemen. Great information. So these are the valves the manual refers to regarding draining the water out once a months or so? I carry an air compressor with me in a storage bay, I guess I won't have to now, assuming I have a long enough hose. I'm guess the engine should be running when using that source for air, to keep the air pressure up?

Stan
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Keith Cooper

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 08:26:13 PM »
Stan,
the only problem with using the coach air coupler is that the pressure cycles between 90  and approximately 120 lbs. RVGEEKS put together a short video which adresses this issue with a secondary air gauge (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDOqCk6dTuo).I put together a secondary gauge for abot $20

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 06:52:27 PM »
Thank you Keith, and everyone else who responded. I watched the You Tube video that Keith posted, and made my own.  $15.00 for the 50 ft hose, about $10.00 in parts from HD.

Stan
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad