Author Topic: Black Water Sensor  (Read 3276 times)

Edward Buker

Black Water Sensor
« on: August 15, 2012, 07:57:46 PM »
For the last several weeks while staying in VT our blackwater sensor in our 2002 Marquis would not register any change in reading with the panel always indicating zero %. I have checked it a dozen times or so in the last two weeks. We have not had this problem since owning the coach but are aware that others have had a failed or stuck sensor issue in the Blackwater tank.

By chance I chose to exercise the generator this morning for 1/2hr, running the two airs for a load. Our generator is on the same side as the tank sensors and water panel. After I had run the generator I noticed that the blackwater tank reading was now at 46%. There are some significant chassis vibrations generated starting, running, and stopping the genset which must have created some pressure waves in the tank that seems to have unstuck my sensor. We emptied and flushed the tank today after the sensor reading had returned to normal and we are now back to 0% with an empty tank.

We will see if this "fix" lasts. Thought this might be worth a try for a recently stuck sensor, still sitting in a liquid filled tank. Probably if it was stuck, the tank drained, and allowed to sit dried out for some period of time this procedure would be unlikely to work.

Sometimes serendipity works in our favor...

Later Ed