Author Topic: Windshields 03 Marquis  (Read 3597 times)

William Harrison

Windshields 03 Marquis
« on: August 15, 2012, 08:33:37 PM »
 I have just had my second drivers side windshield replaced in less than a year.  I am beginning to wonder if there may be
a structural reason why the body shifts so much relative to the frame.  The first time it happened I was coming out of my
storage yard and went diagonally across a steep exit and the second time I was sitting at a campground with the levelling
system off and the right front tire was in a rut about 10 inches lower than the rest of the ground when I heard a sound
like someone had thrown a rock at the driver's side windshield.  Beaver advised to only urethane the windshield in the corners and 8"
on either side of the corners but the glass installer refused saying there was a danger of the glass falling out if he didn't do the
whole seal.

Bill Sprague

Re: Windshields 03 Marquis
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 02:54:28 PM »
One of our sponsors is RV Glass Solutions.  You can see their ad on http://www.beaveramb.org/.  I've been in their Eugene, OR headquarters shop twice.   Once for fogged side windows and once for a windshield broken by a flying rock.  They are experts at RV windows and windshields and have a huge inventory.  The owner of the company even owns a Beaver!

My suggestion is you phone them and ask the same question.